Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

This ref much better than the joker from the Wales match
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

that was exhilarating

Nothing more soccer than a meaningless game ending up 0-0
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

us advances with a win over iran or a draw, provided wales doesnt upset england by +2

the point of group play is to advance and theyre in position to do that. they played actually quite well today and for large stretches looked like the better side. cant believe they drew friggin wales.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 25, 2022, 03:52:56 PM
that was exhilarating

Nothing more soccer than a meaningless game ending up 0-0

Judging from how hard you're trolling here, especially in light of the fact you've been basically absent for a long time now, Imma declare that you hate soccer more than I hate golf, which is kinda sad for you.   
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I didn't get to see much today outside of the second half of Senegal's match and the second half of the US match.

Knockout games are more fun to watch

SD

I was expecting at least a 2 goal loss. They could have won or lost that game either way they weren't overmatched and thought they looked like the better team

USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸

Rome

The US played their asses off yesterday.  Definitely deserved the dub. 

Rome

Also - watching Argentina/Mexico right now. The diving, flopping, crying and outright boring & listless play is a toxic stew of awful. 

I'm used into it watching Mexico but seeing Argentina playing this way is shocking as hell.  Really disappointing too. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah my favorite is when someone's hand doesn't get close to a face and the dude goes down like he was shot. And on reply it doesn't even get close.

Rome

As atrocious as the first half was, the second half has been incredible.

Messi, man.  Just wow. 

SD

Hernandez goal was a thing of beauty

PhillyPhreak54

US needs to bury Iran.

The Iranian players were met and talked to by their government who threatened the players families if they showed any type of perceived misbehavior pregame. That included threats of torture and imprisonment.

Don Ho

When is mass execution of Team Iran?

Anyone who says soccer is boring can juggle my balls. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸

If Pulisic and Sargent are out Saturday they're in trouble. Both teams were gassed.

PhillyPhreak54

Was Pulisic a real injury or a Hoyda soccer player injury?