Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

QuoteReid hints at Runyan return
Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2009 1:53 PM ET
As former Eagles right tackle Jon Runyan continues to recover from microfracture knee surgery and as new Eagles right tackle Shawn Andrews continues to miss time due to a back injury that knocked out most of his 2008 season, coach Andy Reid has hinted that Runyan could be back.

"I know where he's at," Reid told the media on Sunday.  "I saw him at the funeral service for [former defensive coordinator] Jim [Johnson] and talked to him there.  We have a pretty good idea of where he's at and we'll just see how things go.  He's working hard at getting back and that's really what his primary focus should be, whether it's here or somewhere else."

Reid also said that he doesn't know when Andrews will be back; however, Reid said Andrews is making progress.

As to Runyan, we're told that he's expected to be cleared medically within the next week.

It remains to be seen whether Runyan will be back for yet another season with the Eagles.  Given some fairly significant changes that the team is facing on the defensive side of the ball, it makes sense to keep as many familiar faces as possible on offense.

I'm surprised it wasn't Banner who approached Runyan, maybe during the eulogy, with a low ball offer trying to catch him in a moment of weakness.

Seabiscuit36

gonna need him considering Shawn is a huge vagina
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Sgt PSN

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

id be fine with it as long as it wasnt as a quarterback....i cant think of a worse offense for him to be in than this one and i dont want that guy anywhere near my young developing wr's
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 10, 2009, 12:45:53 PM
id be fine with it as long as it wasnt as a quarterback....i cant think of a worse offense for him to be in than this one and i dont want that guy anywhere near my young developing wr's

No doubt.  Totally agree.  Personally, I'd feature him pretty much only in the wildcat... I think he'd be very dangerous in that situation... IF he still has a good deal of his athleticism.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

yeah he could valuable in helping them with their red zone troubles i think....by extending plays down there when no one gets open and of course being a threat to run...whether in the wildcat or not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: rjs246 on August 10, 2009, 01:31:48 PM
Quote from: MDS on August 10, 2009, 01:12:10 PM
dont get me started about the friggin webstie

Websties are the worst.

All covered in pig shtein and slop, and smell of methane?

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Please ban me, I have nothing to contribute. A TYPO
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

I like what I see at wr for the first time in forever. After watching Maclin's two catches and seeing him get 100 yds. returning the ball, I'm wondering how long into the season it'll be before he takes the starting job from Curtis. There aren't too many defenses, if any, that can match the Eagles speed man for man. With a three wr set you have two burners on the outside and Curtis/Avant/Baskett underneath. I like it.

BigEd76

Philly.com:

QuoteRashad Baker, the free-agent safety from Camden who the Eagles signed in the offseason, did not practice yesterday, and his nameplate and number had been removed from the locker room.

A team spokesman, asked to look into the matter, reported back that he had been told to say Baker was "still on the roster."

At the Monroe Township, Gloucester County, home where Baker lives, his stepfather, Ronald Fussell, said Baker's status with the Eagles had not changed.

"He's over at a friend's house," Fussell said, erroneously adding, "He was at practice today."

A large car-hauler pulled up to the house, and people went in and out of a white Cadillac Escalade that Fussell said belonged to Baker. At 9 p.m., the man driving the car-hauler said he was taking the Escalade to Miami.

Baker's agent, South Jersey-based Al Irby, said he had not been able to contact his client or get an explanation from the team.

Tomahawk

Sounds to me like the Eagles traded Baker to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick