2009 76ers Offseason Thread

Started by reese125, May 28, 2009, 10:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

well...being that that piece of shtein rumor that gained national attention is all but dead with Duhon, the Sixers have 10 guys signed right now with 5 spots to fill

I cant wait to see who Stefanski plugs in

reese125

Per Hoopsworld:

Stefanski says to be in sign and trade mode, but with nothing tangible on the horizon, (Ed) Stefanski has begun contacting agents about free-agent guards who might accept a 1-year contract and fill a role as a combination backup and mentor to Lou Williams and first-round draft choice Jrue Holiday.

That list, according to the source, includes - in no particular order - Jason Hart, Carlos Arroyo, Bobby Jackson, Juan Dixon, Tyronn Lue and Brevin Knight. In a curious twist, Jackson and Lue are also clients of Andy Miller.

wow...so bad...but if I had to choose its a toss-up between Lue and Knight---I probably go Knight

Mad-Lad

If they sign Lue, I refuse to watch them until his time is up.  I can't stand that douchebag

PhillyPhreak54

From shteinbag guards to shteinbag bigs...

QuoteNot Necessarily A Big Help

What does it say when the 76ers need a couple of big men to help fill out their roster, and the best names could turn out to be Primoz Brezec and Chris Mihm?

A source familiar with the Sixers' situation suggests a grouping the team could be considering internally includes Brezec, Mihm, Aaron Gray, Ryan Hollins, Jared Reiner, Jake Voshkuhl, Adonal Foyle and Earl Barron.

OK, we'll wait while you catch your breath.

They're all between 6-10 and 7-0. None of them have exactly imposing statistics. They all have some level of NBA experience. And that's about what you'll find in a search for guys to be the 13th or 14th men on a roster.

Since it's unclear whether the Sixers have reached out to any of these guys it's probably not worth going through their various backgrounds at this point. Maybe if one or two of them get invited to training camp.

Excuse me while I go vomit

MDS

can they slide further into oblivion?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

who cares who the 10th man on the roster is much less the last couple
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on July 22, 2009, 10:03:19 PM
can they slide further into oblivion?

They're such a distant 4th in this city that it really doesn't matter.

MDS

they can easily pass the flyers but right now are below villanova hoops
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on July 23, 2009, 12:56:30 AM
they can easily pass the flyers but right now are below PAL hoops

ice grillin you

per the king andre miller to sign with portland 3 yrs 7 mil per 2 guarnteed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

mismanagement at its finest getting nathanson for Miller at the deadline

one key injury away from a 25 win season and a lottery pick

Rome

Here's the non-Eskin link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4354227

And 21 million for Andre Miller is retarded beyond belief.

MDS

Quote from: reese125 on July 24, 2009, 03:49:51 PM
mismanagement at its finest getting nathanson for Miller at the deadline

one key injury away from a 25 win season and a lottery pick

thats what they need you friggin retard.

aint gonna win shtein by adding on to a mediocre team with spare parts. they have a 35-40 win roster locked in for the next five years. this thing needs to get blown the farg up and a 10-20 win season with a top five pick is the best thing that can happen. or you somehow sign lebron.

MDS

jason smith came into the restaurant i work at. he is farging tall. easily the tallest human i have ever seen. and his girl is smokin hot. 

Sgt PSN

you only think he's tall because jews stop growing once they reach 5'5".  it's not because there's some sort of height deficiency among your people.  mostly it's because you're too cheap to keep buying longer pants.