2009 76ers Offseason Thread

Started by reese125, May 28, 2009, 10:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

kapono is white, slow, can't play d or handle, and he can shoot a little bit, so he must be a pure shooter
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

plus they got him straight up for a guy with no hand eye coordination
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on June 11, 2009, 01:06:21 PM
kapono is white, slow, can't play d or handle, and he can shoot a little bit, so he must be a pure shooter

pure shooter means he sucks at everything else so badly that his shooting must be the best in the league
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

Quote from: MDS on June 11, 2009, 01:10:16 PM
plus they got him straight up for a guy with no hand eye coordination

yep none

sucked at rebounding which requires no hand eye coordination--jesus christ

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 11, 2009, 01:00:37 PM
"pure shooter" is one of the most ridiculous sports terms ever...its right there with closing speed

factor back takes offense to this. 

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 11, 2009, 12:48:52 PM
wow.  

ray allen, rashard lewis, michael redd all 10x better than kapono.  

christ, i haven't even seen the guy in a sixers uni yet and i already hate him now.  

No way. Ray Allen in his prime maybe, but Kapono's jumper is absolutely ridiculous. If you give Kapono, Lewis, Redd, and Allen 500 3 pointers all from the same spot in out of game shootaround, Kapono without question makes the most out of the 4.

The problem with Kapono is that he does nothing else besides stand there and shoot. As an all around player he sucks. I understand that is what truly matters, but I was just talking about pure shooter just from a shooting standpoint, which is why I mentioned that overall that is really all he does. But if you compare him to those 3 guys as far as players go, then he is obviously way worse than all of them. Even with Redd's torn up knee.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

reese125

unless you've seen Ray Allen change the form in his jump shot not quite sure what you mean "in his prime".

Kaponos form and release is no doubt effortless and very quick, probably why he is deemed a "pure shooter". Thats all the term means. matter of fact you could probably label 20+ guys to that term whos shot looks all too pretty

The BIGSTUD

Ray Allen was really inconsistent in the playoffs. It isn't about just your form, the most important part of shooting a jumper is in your legs. Without lift, your shot suffers, and he clearly doesn't have the same legs he had in his prime. Also who knows how his joints are.

Pure shooter means more than that to me. I think people can work on their jumpers and improve them, but truly great shooters(all-timers) are born with it. Kerr, Price, etc all have it in their genes. Kapono is just a natural shooter. Has a natural stroke that is just money.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

reese125

youre kidding me right?

are you seriously going to compare this years playoff series against Orlando to the fact that Ray Allen is not one of the best shooters in the game? Awesome.

Rome

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: reese125 on June 11, 2009, 07:02:57 PM
youre kidding me right?

are you seriously going to compare this years playoff series against Orlando to the fact that Ray Allen is not one of the best shooters in the game? Awesome.

When did I say he is not one of the best shooters in the game? Do you have reading comprehension issues? Ray Allen may be soft, and a total bitch. Frankly, I can't stand him as a player and have zero respect for him. I think he is has no guts whatsoever. He plays scared.

Still, he's one of the best shooters in the game. Just not as good as Kapono right now. Which is all I said, and I clearly stated it that way multiple times clearly. Also he's a better all around player than Kapono, as I've said before.

ice grillin you

nothing better than watching reese and cole try to outdumb each other...its like a brutal 15 round fight where you think both are going down about 10 different times but they always come back

altho cole is really coming on strong in the last page and a half of this thread with some of the dumbest statements made in this boards glorious history
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Nothing like someone calling a statement dumb without any argument against it.

At least say what you disagree with.