2009 76ers Offseason Thread

Started by reese125, May 28, 2009, 10:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

thats because once again you expect confetti and parades off of everything. this is not a team thats expected to win a title this year or next...at least not from my perspective. they need a big FA signing to accomplish that. the fact that ed stef addressed a need with the best 3 pt shooter in the league allows for a "holy shtein' type reaction because he hasnt done squat worth applause..yet

ice grillin you

youre a complete moron if you think hes the best 3pt shooter in the league.....he averages one 3 pter a game...you read somewhere that he has the highest % in league history and without knowing shtein about the game decided hes the best 3 pt shooter in the league

is he better than your hero kareem rush sure...is he even in the top 25 3 pt shooters in the league no farging way...maybe in the 3 point contest he is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

thats a typo by the way--it should be one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league and he most certainly is

ha-thats right--the ol' you dont shtein about the game phrase from igy. youre such a farging meatloaf

you crack me up too...you will do anything, even if you agree with me to not agree with me because youre so bored and need someone to spar with. you know what that means?

SunMo

guy played over 20 minutes last year and averaged just over one 3-pointer per game...wow
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

hell, Ill be shocked if he gets that many minutes next season. all i care about is him coming off the bench and hitting 3's

the biggest mistake was he was used improperly in Torontos system, not to mention he was taking way too may 2 pters off the dribble which is not his game nor should it be. If Jordan can keep him on track the way he was used in Miami, he should be a very nice weapon

PhillyPhreak54

Getting a shooter for Evans was a good deal. I liked Evans because he could hit the boards, but he did not contribute much this past year like he did the previous year.

Its a decent trade and if Kapono works out, great. If not, no big deal. Take a flier on the guy and see what happens.

Is it great? Nope.

ice grillin you

hunt

kakorver should give them 15 mpg off the bench & will be able to strech the floor a bit.  it will be nice to see iggy & lou drive & dish to a guy who can actually knock down a 3.
good move.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

The BIGSTUD

Just as a pure shooter is concerned, he's the best in the NBA. If you want to factor in the ability to create their own shot or ability to get a shot off with a defender in your face, then forget it. He has no ball-handling skills whatsoever, only attempts 3's when he's wide open or close to it, and is slow and sluggish. The Sixers better have some good ball movement or set some screens, or at least get out in transition or they won't be able to maximize his skills.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SunMo

best pure shooter in the NBA?  lol

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on June 11, 2009, 01:31:40 AM
Just as a pure shooter is concerned, he's the best in the NBA. If you want to factor in the ability to create their own shot or ability to get a shot off with a defender in your face, then forget it. He has no ball-handling skills whatsoever, only attempts 3's when he's wide open or close to it, and is slow and sluggish. The Sixers better have some good ball movement or set some screens, or at least get out in transition or they won't be able to maximize his skills.

hes been on five different teams and has averaged one 3 pter a game in his career...what are these skills that the sixers are going to try to maximize that the rest of the league cant seem to even find

Quote from: SunMo on June 11, 2009, 08:28:12 AM
best pure shooter in the NBA?  lol

seriously this is all a joke right

Sgt PSN

wow.   

ray allen, rashard lewis, michael redd all 10x better than kapono. 

christ, i haven't even seen the guy in a sixers uni yet and i already hate him now. 

reese125

not quite sure what any of those players have to do with kapono

ice grillin you

thats funny i was actually going to bring up redd earlier as a guy who is a way better shooter

but he didnt win a three point shooting contest and hes apparantly not "pure"...btw "pure shooter" is one of the most ridiculous sports terms ever...its right there with closing speed

SunMo

Quote from: reese125 on June 11, 2009, 12:54:37 PM
not quite sure what any of those players have to do with kapono

the fact that Cole called him the best pure shooter in the NBA probably has something to do with it