2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Rome

Get beer poured on head?  Check.

Get pimp-slapped by Phillies fan?  Check.

Mets get ass raped on the field?  Check!

Bah-you-tee-full!

BigEd76

Down 6-0 already and a 3-0 count to Pedro, Manuel pulls Perez from the game before he throws the 4th ball :-D

PhillyGirl

Lets see if Madson and Lidge can close it out.

I have some doubts...I wish I didn't.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

f'ing Bruntlett

3 hits to raise his average 29 points in a span of 5 innings

loses a 4th because the umps overturned a bad call

back-to-back errors in the 9th to continue another Lidge meltdown and bring the winning run to the plate

unassisted triple play

:-D

QB Eagles

LOL @ the 15th unassisted triple play in modern MLB history. Was that the first one ever to end a game?

BigEd76

That's what they're saying, but supposedly the 1925 Pirates and 1927 Tigers did it too

LBIggle

QB Eagles

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 23, 2009, 04:34:23 PM
That's what they're saying, but supposedly the 1925 Pirates and 1927 Tigers did it too

From what I can find, the Tigers one ended the game, but the Pirates lost that game at home so clearly theirs didn't end the game.

QB Eagles

Unassisted triple plays are usually huge news. This hasn't really impacted the sports websites yet though. Just now the triple play is beginning to be mentioned on MLB.com and SI.com.

LBIggle

i'm pretty sure most of the universe is in agreement and just want bruntlett to go away.

QB Eagles

Rome

my computer froze just as the ball was hit (saw it go over lidge's head) and it only just came back a few minutes ago.

holy christ.

unreal.