2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

QuotePhillies star Chase Utley's wife, Jennifer, is a board member of the Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Explains his zesty performance today.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Disgusting.

Utley and Howard came up small in getting runners in today.

Utley's error...I'm calling it an error...allowed the shtein-show to start in the 9th. And Brad Lidge summoned the Ghost of Jose Mesa.

Rome

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

LBIggle

a little part of me wants lidge to go out blow whats shaping up to be yet another save opportunity for him tonight.. just so they can't possibly send him back out there and have him blow a more important save somewhere down the road.

Don Ho

I felt for poor Eyre tonight.  He pitched great against the first two batters than walked the third.  Would have been his first save in 5 years.

The shots of Lidge standing there in the bullpen waiting to see if Eyre was going to get the third out were classic.  His body language said "Please get this SOB out, please'"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Not sure if anyone gives a F about the draft picks, but with the deadline tonight, the Phils signed an LSU commit that nobody thought would sign.......$900K

LBIggle

BigEd76

no, but Smoltz can.  Boston released him

ol friend Vicente was released by Texas too

Brody Colvin (the LSU kid) is a 6'4" starter that throws in the upper 90s and teams were scared off from taking him in the first 2 rounds because he asked for $1.2M to sign...

Rome

I was listening to Jody McDonald at Rollins' bowling fundraiser and they mentioned the thing about Smoltz.  Rube danced like Michael Jackson around the question.

Considering how much that dumb ass hick has ripped the Bank, I seriously don't see him coming to Philly, though.

rjs246

So now what? I dud can't even get swine flu and stay in the league anymore? I want the Padilla Flotilla back in action.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

bobbyinlondon

At this point, I think Smoltz is a situational pitcher--LH absolutely ripped him in his short time in Boston. I see where the Dodgers and Torre are interested as are the Cards. But who knows? I think Charlie said a lot on Sunday night when he brought in Eyre to pitch the 9th--I know he was facing two LHs--instead of bringing in Lidge.

As far as Vincente goes, I read where the Rangers didn't necessarily let him go because he was an ineffective pitcher, but they thought he was a bad teammate and locker room problem.

BigEd76