The Free Agency Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 20, 2009, 01:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I'd be very happy to have Winslow and Celek as the two TEs.  I think Winslow is an idiot and an icehole, but he can ball.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2009, 02:40:22 PM
I'd be very happy to have Winslow and Celek as the two TEs.  I think Winslow is an idiot and an icehole, but he can ball.

Exactly. Plus using 2-TE sets more often could help all aspects of the offense.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 20, 2009, 01:38:53 PM
Well played.

So, the question is this:  If the Eagles do not re-sign Sean Considine, will he be in the NFL next year?

Matt Ware is still in the NFL.  Dhani Jones is still in the NFL.  Parity rules!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: reese125 on January 20, 2009, 02:39:42 PM
Winslow is a game changing TE that should only be brought in if both his knees work

His history of injuries are a concern but if they can get him without giving away the farm go for it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Don Ho on January 20, 2009, 02:50:50 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 20, 2009, 01:38:53 PM
Well played.

So, the question is this:  If the Eagles do not re-sign Sean Considine, will he be in the NFL next year?

Matt Ware is still in the NFL.  Dhani Jones is still in the NFL.  Parity rules!

I think he filled in nicely when needed against the Gints. I say we re-sign at a cheap amount.

NC_Eagle

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 20, 2009, 01:55:49 PM

Someone with the league wide F/A list should post it, I'm too lazy.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

I'd say Brandon Jacobs, but he'll want to start wherever he goes, so he's probably out.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

hbionic

I'll take T.J. Houshmanzadeh and Peppers. Thanks.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

Peppers is pushing big time to go to a 3-4 scheme. I dont think it happens

Magical_Retard

Sign TJ please.

Draft a RB.

Sign a real FB.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2009, 02:40:22 PM

Yep.

I remember reading that Edwards wanted out of Cleveland too. He had some pretty scathing remarks about the Browns at the end of the season.

Don Ho

Ryan Moats, UFA, Philadelphia Eagles

:-D  :-D farging  :-D

Don Ho

Jacobs would be sweet.  shtein I'll take Ward.

mussa

Terrell Suggs or Karlos Dansby instant upgrade at LB. I can only hope for Julius Peppers. Trent Cole and Peppers would be quite the mix of speed and power. TJ Hous I would def. like to see in Eagle uniform. Although the likes of Boldin are even better if we can somehow get him. I'd like to keep Buck, but I'd also take a back like Ward. No fullbacks? Sign the best damn FB available.

If they keep Buck, I am okay with them drafting a back in rounds 1-3. WR and LB right now seem like we need to instantly upgrade and go with proven vets via free agency or trade. I'd like to see them hold onto Joselio, but if not we need a proven nickleback to fill this spot. Tackle positions, well I think Tra and Runyan both come back, but we need to hit the draft and or free agent market hard for the future. I think in the draft I'd like to see top 3 picks be, T, LB, and RB.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Don Ho

Jonathan Vilma, UFA, New Orleans Saints

Damm, this guy is always around.  Remember we were all high on this guy several years back?

Can he still play?  Didn't hear much about him this year.

pinoyboy2pt0

albert mother farging haynesworth.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)