The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

The storm rolling thru Newark, De was wild.  I was out having a smoke and my buddy and i were walking in, you could see a wall of rain coming at us so heavy it sounded like a wave, and looked like it.  We ran to get under the awnings outside, and barely made it.  Work lost power for a bit, and like PG said, it was pure white outside, looked a bit like the winter storms.  The ride home was ridiculous, tree's everywhere, power lines down.  To get home i had to go offroad in fields to get past a tree that was down, and power lines further down the road.  Neighbors lost a tree out back, i'm amazed it missed their deck by a few inches. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

shorebird

Damn, you guys got it a lot worse than Md. It blowed gust of up to sixty, but I never lost power, and the rain only lasted around an hour. I walked outside after it was over and it was like a friggen' steam bath. Hot as hell.

PhillyPhreak54

Oily rain.

Get ready, Todd.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

please tell me this hits monday and tuesday so i cant do anything fun on my days off
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

What the hell is fun in Brownsville?! Stacking Tecate cans on chicks asses?

Anyways...here's the 5-day track.

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

nows' when this shtein gets bad

MDS

there is a dog track ive been meaning to go to because i have a bit of a gambling problem

also SPI

and thats pretty much it

by the looks of it monday and maybe some of tuesday should be okay

ps what kind of moonshine did sb do?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

lol...SB's hittin the Shine!!

What the hell is SPI?

There's a huge horse track here but I haven't been. I wish they'd legalize slots and table games here so I could really get my degenerate on.

MDS

south padre island

i have to imagine its hell on earth on a holiday weekend or whens its packed but on a weekday afternoon its fairly dead and very nice.

ive never been to a dog track before and im guessing its filled with knockos and sketchy country boys but i need to bet on SOMETHING

PhillyPhreak54

Ah yeah, South Padre. The only legit beach destination in Texas. I was looking at rates for a beach house for a week today. Outfarginrageous. I'd rather spend the money in Vegas.

Too bad you're so far down and can't make the drive over to Lake Charles.

Diomedes

it cracks me up to no end that you're stuck in farging Texas
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on June 26, 2010, 06:33:49 AM
it cracks me up to no end that you're stuck in farging Texas

ha