2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MDS on October 30, 2008, 11:56:19 AM
anyone been on broad since last night? is this stuff cleaned up or are they gonna farg it until after the parade?
the news showed them cleaning it up early this morning, it looked much better, they came thru and just got things in order i think
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

They showed broad and center city on the news this morning and the crews did an amazing job of getting it straight. Kudos to the city.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

i cant even begin to describe how much broken glass, newspapers, over-turned pots with soil everywhere, burned shards of bonfire and other crap was on that street...basically from city hall to the stadium and including 15th, 16th, 13th, 12th. god damn.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

they just announced that the main celebration will be at the bank, and 3 players will be at the linc along with a live videocast of the celebration over there.  Gates open at 10 for the linc, The Bank is sending out emails to sth's. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

eagle season ticket holders get tickets to the linc for the festivities
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I'm just sitting on my computer replaying "We are the champions" on youtube.  Feels. So. Good.

DH

I wish I knew what this felt like....

Seriously fellas, congrats. Awesome for the city....now let's get a Super Bowl...please???

Seabiscuit36

No booze at either facility

If any season ticket holders cant make it, PM me :) 

Seabiscuit36

Ant and Macnow are drinking champagne and doing toasts to Victorino, Feliz, and Ruiz

SD_Eagle5

No newspapers anywhere. Modells has 10 cashiers on and the line goes from the front of the store to the back, along the wall, and all the way back to the front. It's insane.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 30, 2008, 01:51:22 PM
No newspapers anywhere. Modells has 10 cashiers on and the line goes from the front of the store to the back, along the wall, and all the way back to the front. It's insane.

tierney was just on and said 175,000 copies of each should be hitting stores in the next hour

SD_Eagle5

Did he say which stores? I went to two Rite Aids, 3 gas stations, 2 7-11's, 1 Wawa, and 2 supermarkets and they were all out.

ice grillin you

they probably havent gotten to the stores yet...he specifically mentioned wawa's but im sure they will be at different spots...keep checkin...he said he thought they would last until like 7 tonight

if you find them can you pick me up one of each...i got feelers out with a bunch of people but i have no idea yet how many if any have scored...if i have extras i can hook other people up