2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

From the AP recap:

QuoteCowbells were sounding and fans were petting the cownose Rays in a tank in right-center during Tropicana Field's first World Series game.

There was a minor league feel, with the public-address announcer hawking season tickets for 2009, an on-field fan contest in left field during the middle of the fifth inning and a trivia contest to give away a video game after the sixth.

Even if they end up winning the Series that franchise is a disgrace and Tampa sports fans are horrible. All they care about is the cheap spectacle, whether it's blue mohawks, a gay pirate ship blasting its cannons, or their fake sports heroes Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Randy Savage. They just don't quite get it.

These fake-ass fans are still less annoying than arrogant Sox fans though.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on October 23, 2008, 12:09:21 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 23, 2008, 12:07:54 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on October 23, 2008, 12:06:07 AM
why does this not feel like a win?  

this game had no world series feel to it what so ever.  maybe when they move to CBP.  this orange juice factory sucks.

worst fans ever, when Crawford hit his homerun, you would have though he singled.  farg Tampa

half the crowd looked like the senior citizen home bus made a wrong stop.

I wonder if they have Depends dispensers in all restrooms...

BigEd76

Quote from: Don Ho on October 23, 2008, 12:06:07 AM
why does this not feel like a win?  

this game had no world series feel to it what so ever.  maybe when they move to CBP.  this orange juice factory sucks.

....and we get a series there in the middle of the week in late June '09.  I'm guessing there's gonna be less cowbell....

oh yeah.....3 MORE WINS HOLY SH**

and Jimmy Rollins was right.  Tonight was the 100th win of the year....  ;D

Rome

It's worse at Lightning games.  Trust me, if there's 5,000 legitimate sports fans in Tampa, I'd be shocked.  The rest are either bandwagoning Romes or Gators fans biding their time until Saturday afternoons.

PhillyPhreak54

Brett Myers is gonna drop the hammer tomorrow night; I think the hook will be on...maybe 8-10K's.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

From Philly.com...

QuotePosted by Mike H. 12:36 AM, 10/23/2008

I wish I had a printing press in my cellar so I could help pay his salary for 16 more years. Very, very, very good game by King Cole tonight.

phillymic2000

holy ish, a lot of jealous brew crew fans tonight in milwaukee! up here for a convention, and they were pissed in the bar tonight. ;D

mussa

your all a bunch of losers...just kill yourselves tomorrow
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phillymic2000

Don Ho

i'm still pissed.  phils should have beat these guys down.  they had Kazmir, Kazam whatever his name is on the ropes.  Coste needs to take a seat.  I have 1000% more faith in Taguchi up there.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

it was frustrating, but they pulled it out 3-2, fargin a we took it to them and beat the min their house. Farg them. it's only game 1. Many more runs tongiht

Drunkmasterflex

That game seemed to go by so fast, I missed the first three innings so that may have something to do with it.  I could barely watch the last two innings, I had to try to be quiet because my roommate was sleeping.  3 more to go FTW!
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons