2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2008, 11:09:11 AM
not happy
just rich

For moneylovers, that's the same thing!

In other news, I got the email from the Rays that I did not win the lottery for games 1 and 2 but am still in the running for games 6 and 7.  Exciting stuff, I know.

phattymatty

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 20, 2008, 11:48:59 AM
In other news, I got the email from the Rays that I did not win the lottery for games 1 and 2 but am still in the running for games 6 and 7.  Exciting stuff, I know.

I wish I would have thought of this and tried to enter.  I'm on my last week at work before I start a new job and would happily just take of to Tampa instead of coming in. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I didn't check, but I think you can still enter the lottery for games 6 and 7.  It's not first come, first served.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2008, 11:13:30 AM
is the city of tampa actually trying to act like they are real fans or something? 3 weeks ago they were gettin 12k to their games. i swear to god if this city losses another title to that cesspool i will snap.

I can just hear Joe Buck now, "These fans of Tampa have waited a long time for this.  Some of the best fans in the world.."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 20, 2008, 11:48:05 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/11048241

QuoteIn early September, after the Rays traveled to Chicago to capture an important series from the White Sox, they returned home to only 13,478 fans in a Tropicana Field that at the time seated 36,048.

yeah,  the Rays fan base deserve it.  good god.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

Since the Eagles weren't playing yesterday the family and I went and picked some pumpkins. I got bored lastnight:

yeah, I know I'm gay and this is an MA thing to do

phattymatty

Rome

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 20, 2008, 11:48:05 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/11048241

Old cliché: there's no parity in baseball, waaaaaaaaa!
New cliché: there's no New York, Boston, or Chicago team in the World Series, waaaaaaaaa!

rjs246

For real. Philly is one of the biggest markets on the east coast. What the farg do they want?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

they want lovable losers that the whole country can bandwagon off of or they want evil empires that they all can hate...philly is neither...the size of the local market is irrelevant when youre talking on a national scale
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

ice grillin you

this year yeah...in general tho they dont want parochial teams no matter how big the city they play in is...and thats what philly sports is...no one gives a flying farg about philadelphia outside of ummm errrr philadelphia
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54