2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

lol @ easy the negadelphian. you be lisnin to wip too much kid.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

1. Why in the farg are they making so many errors? 4 today and 3 in the last two games, right? 7 in 3 games? Jesus christ almighty...play some farging defense you iceholes.

2. I didn't see the game, but was Moyer standing on the mound and watching as Coste set a ball on a tee for tha Nats?

3. Those uni's are fargin sweet

4. Gordon looked like shtein again?

ice grillin you

gordon went 3-2 on every batter he faced...got bailed out by a couple bad swings...i love the unis too

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 03, 2008, 07:56:55 PM

2. I didn't see the game, but was Moyer standing on the mound and watching as Coste set a ball on a tee for tha Nats?

He didn't pitch well but in his defense that 5 run 1st doesn't happen if Utley and Howard (Rollins was charged with the error for some odd reason) don't make boneheaded fielding errors.

ice grillin you

moyers problem is he doesnt have an out pitch which gives him a high pitch count every game and causes him to have to work so hard for every single out and at 45 years old it really wears him down and prevents him from going more than five innings

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 03, 2008, 08:10:34 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 03, 2008, 07:56:55 PM

He didn't pitch well but in his defense that 5 run 1st doesn't happen if Utley and Howard (Rollins was charged with the error for some odd reason) don't make boneheaded fielding errors.

Not shocking that the right side of the inf were butchering it again. Both of them need glove work.

It is shocking that Rollins had the error the other night and that Feliz had one today.

Either way - forget last season iceholes...you didn't win shtein and got swept in the playoffs. Focus and win some games!

SD_Eagle5

ice grillin you

that began on tuesday when kyle lohse went five scoreless

MDS

theres a reason i picked up that dooks in the fantasy league. besides me having next to no pitching, of course.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: Wingspan on April 03, 2008, 10:55:04 AM
Not that the phils would tell us the truth...but the recent roster moves tells me that there is no way Lidge is coming off of the DL this Saturday,

Lauber, FTL:

QuoteJust returned from the Phillies' clubhouse, where Brad Lidge is present and accounted for. And, before tomorrow's game, he'll be activated from the disabled list.

"Physically, I feel fine," Lidge said. "Facing some major-league hitters will bump up my velocity a little bit more to where I like to be. So, yeah, I'll definitely be ready to throw tomorrow."

Lidge said his fastest fastball clocked in at 93 mph last night in Clearwater, a few ticks below his usual velocity. No word yet on what the corresponding roster move will be, though I think reliever Tim Lahey's days here are probably numbered.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Phils up 6-3...Kendrick has put himself into jams the first 2 innings, had a good 3rd...hopefully he was just warming up those first 2 innings....

Lets not farg up a perfect Philly sports night, dumbasses.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen