07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

He has Jones going to the Phillies for 7/$161M yet he has Rowand going to the Cardinals for 4/$44M??

What a tool. 

http://www.mlb4u.com/topfa07.php

ice grillin you

gillick says that 3rd base is most likely not gonna be addressed...meanwhile the mets have an mvp type third basemen and are meeting with arod this week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

the Mets are going to trade Reyes for Santana and sign Arod for SS...book it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I was just about to post that, IGY.

Nauseating.

I don't even know what to say anymore.   I guess the best we can hope for is that Gillick is blowing smoke but I doubt it.

Actually getting a third baseman would involve him admitting that Helms was a catastrophe last season and like most of the other GM's in Philly we can't have them owning up to colossal fargups.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Put Pat Burrell back at Third!  High comedy!

Rome

Phillies third basemen were dead last in the NL in OBP last year.

But sure, it's not a priority position.  Not at all.  Helms is going to have a career year next year and so is Eaton.

Holla.

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 06, 2007, 08:38:54 AM
I was just about to post that, IGY.

Nauseating.

I don't even know what to say anymore.   I guess the best we can hope for is that Gillick is blowing smoke but I doubt it.

Actually getting a third baseman would involve him admitting that Helms was a catastrophe last season and like most of the other GM's in Philly we can't have them owning up to colossal fargups.

Right or wrong...they are probably looking at Dobbs/Helms combo as "good enough" for 2008 while Mike Costanzo gets at least half a season at Lehigh.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

Gillick said somewhere that Costanzo is a few years away and that third base might not even be his position

Sgt PSN

Phillies offseason >>>>>>>> Eagles regular season.

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on November 06, 2007, 09:46:31 AM
Gillick said somewhere that Costanzo is a few years away and that third base might not even be his position

Gillick is also a senile old man who brought us Helms, Fasano, Barajas, Aflonseca and Jose Mesa.

Costanzo is also 24 years old right now...if he's still "A few years away" then he's pretty much worthless.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

and i'm sure he's just repeating the information given to him from people who watch the prospects...Costanzo hasn't played well at all.  tons of errors and strikeouts

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on November 06, 2007, 09:53:20 AM
and i'm sure he's just repeating the information given to him from people who watch the prospects...Costanzo hasn't played well at all.  tons of errors and strikeouts

Call him up.
Connection Problems

Sgt PSN

Seems to fit in well with the team's overall concept to me. 

BigEd76

The Boston Herald says the Phils are one of the teams interested in trading for Coco Crisp.  umm

SunMo