07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

How can you call someone a POS fan when you yourself posted "season over" after posting the article?

Whatever.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Die-Hard on May 09, 2008, 09:42:38 AM
How can you call someone a POS fan when you yourself posted "season over" after posting the article?

Whatever.

I'll still watch every second of the series. I know their chances are slimmer now....but I wont ever say there is no reason to watch my team in the conf finals

how can you call yourself a philly fan when you are a Mets fan?

whatever.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

The luck that Philly teams have is incredible.  CONSPIRACY...

I really thought this series was a toss up.  But without Kimmo to neutralize Crosby/Hossa, it might get ugly.  As far as Parent, i'd put him in, i can see waiting to see how Modry plays, but if he sucks as expected, i'd much rather get the rookie some time out there.  Again, going back to World Jrs, Parent and Marc Staal shut down Malkin 2 years ago.  He's done it before, and frustrated Malkin to the point of not returning to the ice 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

for the record philly teams dont have bad luck they generally either suck or arent good enough to win
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

2004, they lose Ragnarsson, Jonsson, and Dejardins.  If healthy, they win a cup
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

and every team in every sport get injuries
the teams that are good enough overcome
they teams that arent go home
no one cares who gets hurt

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2008, 10:24:26 AM
and every team in every sport get injuries
the teams that are good enough overcome
they teams that arent go home
no one cares who gets hurt
Crack Juice this early?

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

dis12

interesting fact:
QuoteSami Kapanen is the only Flyer who played in the 2004 conference final who will play in this one. That's one holdover after just four years. That's an incredible amount of turnover, even in the post-lockout NHL.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

ice grillin you

and he played defense in that series....maybe this one too?

Seabiscuit36

I'd prefer not, unless someone gets hurt back there during the game. 

MDS

remember when that little finish bastich got knocked the farg out by that oafy maple leaf? was it darcy tucker? farg canada.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Darcy Tucker is a bigger POS than IGY.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 09, 2008, 12:49:28 PM
remember when that little finish bastich got knocked the farg out by that oafy maple leaf? was it darcy tucker? farg canada.

yo pierre maguire...darcy tucker and sami kapanen are the same size