07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

just chalk this series up to a learning experience and let Parent cut his teeth...farg Modry
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on May 08, 2008, 10:09:23 PM
just chalk this series up to a learning experience and let Parent cut his teeth...farg Modry
Im all for that.  The kid hasnt been bad, and can really skate.  Put him with Hatcher. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

That's my opinion as well.  GIve he kid a chance to see what it's like, if he's supposed to be the future.

And who knows, maybe he nuts it up.  I don't think you're going to find that possibility in Modry.

Seabiscuit36

Geo, Morganti said it, and that its not as bad as it sounds, but for health reasons, they have to sit him
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

it's not the clot that's the problem, right?  it's the fact that he'll be on blood thinners.  i don't think he can be on blood thinners and play a sport involving blades.

hell, even Tra Thomas couldn't play for awhile because he was on blood thinners.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Quote from: Munson on May 08, 2008, 10:05:42 PM

You're the only one who still thinks they have a shot right now.

I couldn't care less what anyone, much less you, thinks of their chances.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 08, 2008, 10:16:58 PM
Geo, Morganti said it, and that its not as bad as it sounds, but for health reasons, they have to sit him

Hopefully you and Morganti are correct, and he can play safely later in the series.  He could be the difference.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 08, 2008, 10:12:28 PM
Im all for that.  The kid hasnt been bad, and can really skate.  Put him with Hatcher. 

He's too raw, they'll go with a vet like Modry and rightfully so. He might play better, he was playing the first round despite an ill/dead Father. Probably wishful thinking but that's all I got at this point. The thing that sucks about Timonen is he was such a perfect fit for what they try to do defensively against players like Cindy and Malkin. Hatcher has played well, but he's too damn slow. I think the key guy is Randy Jones. I wasn't a fan of him in the regular season but he's played beyond expectations these playoffs and has the tools necessary to do the job.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 08, 2008, 07:59:06 PM
you're ridiculous.

biron has been hands down their best player.  and i know this is what you do, what with the argumentative naysayer bullshtein, but please, just stop it.  enough is enough, already.

biron has been the best player in a few games but from game 1 caps to game 5 montreal timonen has been the best player and its not even close....hes been at norris trophy level in the playoffs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 09, 2008, 06:55:59 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 08, 2008, 10:12:28 PM

He's too raw, they'll go with a vet like Modry and rightfully so. He might play better, he was playing the first round despite an ill/dead Father. Probably wishful thinking but that's all I got at this point. The thing that sucks about Timonen is he was such a perfect fit for what they try to do defensively against players like Cindy and Malkin. Hatcher has played well, but he's too damn slow. I think the key guy is Randy Jones. I wasn't a fan of him in the regular season but he's played beyond expectations these playoffs and has the tools necessary to do the job.

i agree...the fans can predict defeat but no way the coach/team can throw up the white flag before the conference finals even starts and by putting in parent on the road thats what theyd be doing...if modry comes out and is absolutely horrible in pittsburgh and the flyers go down 0-2 then you can throw the kid in at home

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2008, 07:42:30 PM
at least this takes all my worries away about being on vacation for two of the games....dont need to watch them now anyway

shut up.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 09, 2008, 08:54:27 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2008, 07:42:30 PM
at least this takes all my worries away about being on vacation for two of the games....dont need to watch them now anyway

shut up.

there isnt....i will watch every one i can and ill be at game 6 if somehow there is one but the fact that im missing a game is no big deal and probably better for my health

PhillyGirl

No seroiusly. To say there is no reason to watch them is farging ridiculous.

No, I dont' think they'll win the series without Timmonen, however, the farging Flyers are still in the CONFERENCE FINALS. You don't just say there is non reason to watch them.  ::)  It proves what kind of piece of shtein fan you really are by saying that IGY.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Rome