07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Just not enough

Defenseman Ryan Whitney isn't the only whipping boy for oft-disgruntled Penguins fans.  Turns out, captain Sidney Crosby is taking some heat for failing to "dominate" a second-round series against the New York Rangers. Crosby did not score a goal in five games, though he is tied for second, along with teammate Evgeni Malkin, in playoff scoring with 14 points.

"You hear things throughout the year about yourself and the team, and a lot of them are a little off-base, but that's right up there with anything I've heard," Whitney said. "(Crosby) is second in the NHL in playoff points, and he's only played nine games. What else do you want him to do? And we're 8-1."

Friendly wager

Gambling is all the rage in Pennsylvania, and Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl and Allegheny County Chief Executive Dan Onorato are all in as the Eastern Conference final approaches.

Under terms of a so-called friendly wager with Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter, Ravenstahl and Onorato must wear a Flyers sweater and fly a banner in Pittsburgh if Philadelphia beats Pittsburgh. Nutter must wear a Penguins sweater and fly a banner in Philadelphia if the Flyers lose.

Another whiteout

The Penguins again plan to create a "whiteout" at Mellon Arena for Game 1.

The team will distribute a free white T-shirt to all fans attending the game. The Penguins used the same tactic for Game 1 of the second-round series against the Rangers.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

haha, stupid penquins...a whiteout when the opposing team is going to wear white
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Rumors are that the game tomorrow will not be in HD since VS carries golf every Friday on the VSHD channel.  farging Hilarious
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

hilarious or pathetic sad and ridiculous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 08, 2008, 04:28:53 PM
Rumors are that the game tomorrow will not be in HD since VS carries golf every Friday on the VSHD channel.  farging Hilarious

I don't get VS HD with Fios so that would actually make me feel better.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 08, 2008, 04:53:48 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 08, 2008, 04:28:53 PM

I don't get VS HD with Fios so that would actually make me feel better.
Rumor is that by July Fios will have you guys fixed to get VSHD too. 

IGY, its ridiculous, but the fact that Bettman just went ahead and re-upped the contract over an ESPN offer is hilarious.  He's running this league into the ground, and the fact that he wants to expand by 2 more teams is laughable

Munson

Kimmo out indefinitely with a blood clot in his leg. WTF?!

Unbelievable.

I guess Parent gets to play again?
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

I was really beginning to think they mighta had a shot too.
I don't see how they can overcome a team with an offense like Pitt without their best defender.

Beat.

PhillyGirl

QuoteTimonen out for playoffs with blood clot

By Tim Panaccio

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER
Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen was diagnosed with a blood clot in his left ankle today. He will be out for the remainder of the playoffs.

The diagnosis was made at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Timonen said.

"I got hit with a shot in Game 4 against Montreal," said Timonen, 33. "It's been getting sorer and sorer every day. We thought we'd get it checked out because it didn't get better and they found a blood clot.

"This was just an awful day for me. I played in Game 5 in Montreal, but it was really hurting me. I have to be honest: I didn't expect this result. How many times in your life do you get a chance to play for this, with a chance to go to the Stanley Cup Finals? This is just awful."

Timonen did not make the trip to Pittsburgh for tomorrow's start of the Eastern Conference finals against the Penguins.

The Flyers plan an announcement later tonight.

"We're still trying to get more information," said general manager Paul Holmgren.

Timonen is the club's best defenseman. He was expected to play against the Penguins' dangerous Evgeni Malkin in the series. His loss could have a huge impact on the Flyers' chances

series over
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz