07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i also think the pens are gonna get some blowouts in this series...marty while unbelievable in a few of the montreal games has overall been pretty ordinary this playoffs...in fact hes been overrated...to expect him to do what he did in the middle of that canadiens series against a team like pittsburgh is asking for to much

ill go pens in five or six...if biron can have a couple great games the flyers can go deep into the series
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 06, 2008, 09:52:17 AM
i also think the pens are gonna get some blowouts in this series...marty while unbelievable in a few of the montreal games has overall been pretty ordinary this playoffs...in fact hes been overrated...to expect him to do what he did in the middle of that canadiens series against a team like pittsburgh is asking for to much

Good God....STOP.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

of the goalies left in the playoffs the worst gaa is 1.72....martys is 2.72

of the save % leaders left biron is by far the worst

he wasnt very good in game 1 of the montreal series and more importantly wasnt very good in the last game...had price not imploded that series would  still be going...now he won the series in games 2-4 but the difference now is fluery will not lose a series like price did...biron has to play EVERY game like he did in the middle of the montreal series

Seabiscuit36

I'll give you that, but He's also faced the best competition in the playoffs.  The Pens havent even come close
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

I'm not going to get all doom and gloom about this series. The Flyers showed during the season that they know how to play the Pens. They also showed that they can be embarrassed by them if things don't go their way. Frankly I'm just psyched that they've gotten this far. If they somehow pull this series out of their asses I will be ejaculating from here til christmas.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 06, 2008, 10:12:51 AM
I'll give you that, but He's also faced the best competition in the playoffs.  The Pens havent even come close

thats true he didnt get to play ottawa...but nonetheless the further you go in the playoffs the less off games and soft goals you can have

SD_Eagle5

I love the igy other teams players are so awesome hype machine is back in butt secks mode.
Ovechkin
Price

Malkin scares me a lot more than Cindy does. I thought the Pens actually played a heck of a lot better when Cindy went down and Malkin was the lead guy. The Pens have the least depth of any team the Flyers have faced, after you get by Malkin/Crosby/Gonchar/Staal/Hossa/Sykora - which is a shteinload to deal with, there's not much else.

Seabiscuit36

I was the one who thought that Price would be stellar, not IGY.  Price's level of sucking really surprised the hell out of me. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 06, 2008, 10:52:10 AM
I was the one who thought that Price would be stellar, not IGY.  Price's level of sucking really surprised the hell out of me. 

exactly......the misinformation around here is astounding sometimes

i said if he played like the middle of the boston series and he could flyers would win....of course i said in seven

SD_Eagle5

You all look alike, I wasn't sure which prediction you were actually going with since you had 3:

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2008, 09:59:03 AM
Quote from: Father Demon on April 23, 2008, 09:26:09 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2008, 08:48:29 AM
all depends on the 20 year old goalie...he looked like patrick roy last series early and in game seven and like roman cechmanek in the middle of the series

if hes terrible all series it could be flyers in seven

if hes average its canadiens in six

if hes great its canadiens in 4 or 5

Can you ever take a single position, and wait it out to see if you are right or wrong like the rest of us?  Enough with the hedging....  It's a Hoyda move.

haha...first i make to many calls that are written stone no possibility of being wrong...now im hedging to much...make up your mind you woman

habs in four

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Rome

i picked the flyers to reach the 2007-2008 e.c.f. last april because i'm incredibly smart.

oh, and dead sexy too.

ice grillin you

anyone see this pic in the inquirer of officer lisczbinski's wife...sad but that cat with the flyers outfit is hilarious how out of place he looks....like that game where in the world is the douchey flyer guy

phattymatty

ramsay is philly chief of popo?  i had no idea.