07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Still love this one:

Quote from: dis12 on May 05, 2008, 11:57:13 AM
Upshall, Scottie Trade From Nashville, along with Ryan Parent and a first and third round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, in exchange for Peter Forsberg on 2/15/07
Parent, Ryan Trade From Nashville, along with Scottie Upshall and a first and third round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, in exchange for Peter Forsberg on 2/15/07
Hartnell, Scott Trade From Nashville, along with Kimmo Timonen, in exchange for Nashville's first round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft on 6/18/07
Timonen, Kimmo Trade From Nashville, along with Scott Hartnell, in exchange for Nashville's first round pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft on 6/18/07

Upshall, Parent, Hartnell, Timonen and a 3rd-round pick for 2 months of Forsberg

ice grillin you

timonen and hartnell were free agents who werent going to be resigned...flyers did a good job getting a jump on the rest of the league but it wasnt a real trade as in they ripped nashville off for forsberg

parent and upshall for forsberg was excellent
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Who knows if they would have signed Timonnen, Hartnell, and Biron had Holmgren not went out and made those moves.  There is a good chance that they might have missed out. 

Seabiscuit36

Havas, what did Upshall say on 610 if you were listening?

Rome

i thought at the time and even before the trade that timonen was their #1 priority.  getting biron locked up as well as timonen & hartnell were all bold strokes and they could have backfired but clearly didn't.  homer was right.  in fact, he's been right on just about every deal he's made, which is pretty scary considering the checkered history of this team as it pertains to trades and free agent signings.

ice grillin you

normal stuff

only thing of interest was him talking about how he was benched by stevens in march and said it was because stevens believed he had more to offer as a player than just being a pest

and im not saying that they would have been able to sign timonen and hartnell and holmgren (stop calling him homer) made a bold move to acquire them and not let them hit the market...my point was that easy was framing it as tho they got all those players for forsberg in a straight up trade

SunMo

i almost had to turn off the interview after it started because upshall was talking about the play where he scored on montreal and he said, "kukkey made a nice play keep the puck in and then carts did what he does best...."

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2008, 01:29:28 PMmy point was that easy was framing it as tho they got all those players for forsberg in a straight up trade

Indirectly they did.  How else would they have given Nashville their own #1 pick back?

dis12

Quote from: SunMo on May 05, 2008, 01:30:38 PM
i almost had to turn off the interview after it started because upshall was talking about the play where he scored on montreal and he said, "kukkey made a nice play keep the puck in and then carts did what he does best...."

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I hate when Sunny turns off interviews and bad mouths Igyie
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 05, 2008, 01:32:45 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2008, 01:29:28 PMmy point was that easy was framing it as tho they got all those players for forsberg in a straight up trade

Indirectly they did.  How else would they have given Nashville their own #1 pick back?

the point is nashville would have never traded either of those guys for forsberg or any number of #1 picks had they had money...the only reason the flyers got them for what they gave up is because nashville was desperate and just trying to unload them for the best possible deal...again good strategy by holmgren is keeping them off the market but it wasnt like he fleeced nashville...nashville knew exactly what they were doing and so did holmgren