07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Miller Lite = Fresh Air for the Drowning
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Is it wrong that I'm chuckling every time "Place: Eight Belles" scrolls across the bottom of the screen?

Seabiscuit36

wow, never thought they'd be here.  Amazing run.  farg Crosbitch and the Chernobyl baby malkin
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Cindy will be refining his diving skills in the next game or 2 vs. the Rags....knowing who they've got waiting for them.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Can Flyers fans do to Crosby what Phils fans did to Burt Hooten during the Phils Dodgers NLCS? It'd be great to see them get inside that vadge's head.

Munson

Quote from: rjs246 on May 03, 2008, 10:15:07 PM
Is there anything funnier or more pathetic than Munson posting in the Flyers thread, after a 5 game beating of the number one seed, for no other reason than to flaccidly pick a fight with IGY?

I would submit, there is not.

To get on topic, how is this team winning against more talented teams? The storyline for this playoff run is sick. Ovechkin? Done. Number one seed? Done. Sidney Crosby...

He's just too easy sometimes.
And god I love it when he pulls the race card every time....Most racist POS on this MB.

So no rap, no metal, what would you like them to play at hockey games IGY....classical? country?

Shut the farg up and enjoy the music.

They're winning because of the overall team play/balanced offense that so many of us thought would doom them in the playoffs...If it's not Richards/Briere/Carter, then the other guys are stepping up, obviously RJ, and Upshall, etc...They've got three lines deep of scoring and a 4th line that throws one in there now and then, and that balance has been farging awesome. I'm gonna go ahead and say they probably won't make it past the Pens, but for them to come as far as they have without that "star" player has been amazing. And who knows, maybe they pull it out and get to the finals...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 03, 2008, 10:31:56 PM
wow, never thought they'd be here. 

i gotta give full credit to romey...he was calling stanley cup last summer and i destroyed him for being an idiot...i eat crow he wins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

not yet...you still have hope.

root for Sid the Kid!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Munson on May 03, 2008, 10:35:57 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and say they probably won't make it past the Pens, but for them to come as far as they have without that "star" player has been amazing. And who knows, maybe they pull it out and get to the finals...

Their WORST possible matchup was Montreal. If they got by them in 5, there is no reason in the world to think they can't get past the Pens.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

montreal may have been the 1 seed...but the Pens are playing the best hockey right now.  not saying they can't beat them, but the pens are the hottest team right now, aside from the Flyers.  should be a great series.  it all depends on the goalies.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

It's all if Biron can be the same guy he was this series
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on May 03, 2008, 10:43:36 PM
not yet...you still have hope.

well he didnt say they would make a cup but he said they could which i poo pooed...and he was all over making a conference final...im too lazy to look it up but he was on it like a hornet

phillymic2000

Hey I've been all sunshine and rainbows with my unicorn since early in the caps series.

Mother fdargon canadians farg you Koivu

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on May 03, 2008, 11:02:36 PM
Hey I've been all sunshine and rainbows with my unicorn since early in the caps series.

Mother fdargon canadians farg you Koivu

lol @ since the cap series

that was two weeks ago son

phillymic2000

Yeah? so? You've been doubting them since then, so as Grand Puba says "Slow Down"