Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

boo ya!

Successful Wager.
Please check your pending wagers to confirm that your wager has been processed.
BET ID = 60910420.
Straight Wager 

Bet $247.19
to Win $159.48

Date Team Line

04/22/08 Capitals(Washington) -155
19:05 ET

Your Total Bet: 247.19
Total Potential Win: 159.48

phattymatty

DH

Ive always thought there was something fundamentally wrong about betting against your team. Especially in a Game 7.

If they win, dont you want to be happy instead of pissed that you lost $250? I just dont get it...

BigEd76

he doesn't care about the money.  He wants the satisfaction of knowing he was right.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Die-Hard on April 22, 2008, 04:36:03 PM
Ive always thought there was something fundamentally wrong about betting against your team. Especially in a Game 7.

If they win, dont you want to be happy instead of pissed that you lost $250? I just dont get it...

you got it all wrong...i would pay 250 bucks right this farging second to guarantee a flyers win tonight...

sometimes i bet on my team even if i think they are gonna win just so that if by chance they lose at least i win money....

tonight i happen to know they are gonna lose so why not win some money plus the misery wont even be as bad cause i fully expect them to go down in flames

phattymatty

regardless of the teams, betting 250 to win 160 is a horrible bet.

ice grillin you

no such thing as a guaranteed winner being a bad bet

edit: and thats the money line

SD_Eagle5

The last time I heard 'guaranteed winner' was this past superbowl.

Munson

Haha i love how IGY reappears in this thread once the Flyers start choking, claiming how right he was and the Caps are way more talented.

:-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

i would take a barry win over a flyer win.

i cant find ratings data in philly for game 6, but the game in dc pulled in a 3.8, which is a record for them. so there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

They explain what penalties are on the DC broadcast because the noobs have no idea what the farg is going on
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 22, 2008, 05:01:16 PM
The last time I heard 'guaranteed winner' was this past superbowl.

if the flyers are the giants tonight ill be the happiest person on the planet

Seabiscuit36

you should be already happy IGY, Downie is in
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds