07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Everytime I see Ovechkin I think of igy's description of him as a jean-jacket wearing homo and I laugh.

PhillyPhreak54

Oh, one more thing about the Caps announcers...

One guy liked to say the word "oodles" all the time. I counted three times he said it...die.

SunMo

what a pathetic effort, totally dominated from the 2nd period on

and that dive call on Upshall was one of the most laughable things I've ever seen
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 21, 2008, 09:30:33 PM
And IGY with his doom and gloom, didn't he call it Caps in 5, even the sun shines on a dogs a$$ every now and then.

to be truthful the series has gone exactly how i thought it would i just was wrong in thinking how long it would take the caps to get their playoff legs under them...the flyers lost their chance to win this series in game one when they blew the third period two goal lead...once that happened it guaranteed a longer series and gave the caps time to adjust to life in the playoffs

lets face it they are exponentially more talented and in the end that wins out...they have at least four players that are more talented than the flyers best player and the better goalie

look at the goals the caps score and then look at the flyers goals...caps are talent goals flyers need a pp or they have to run the goalie or else they simply dont score...one even strength goal in the last 120 minutes

the flyers need to clean house and get some talent on the team...even if it means sucking for the next five years...if ive said it once ive said 1000 times they have to many "scrappy" players and not enough talent ladened guys...even their supposed talent like carter and lupol really dont stand out in any aspect of the game...lupol btw has played a disgraceful series...the only real talent on the team might never play again...not good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I cant disagree more.  Sure they have Backstrom and Cherrypickchkin but they are top 3 picks overall in talented classes.  The flyers wont be back there anytime soon.  The flyers have much better talent throughout the org, but dont have the dynamic players at this point. 

They need: 

A true #1 goalie, i dont think Huet is one either.  Biron is hot garbage, a brick wall for 15 minutes, and swiss cheese the rest. 

At least 2 defensemen.  Smith needs to get the farg out of town, he's a horrible player, and his leadership means nothing.  Hatcher very well might retire, he's been a surprise, but injuries are tearing his legs apart.  Parent should move up, he played decently and got better with ice time. 

Trade RJ, he's a RFA, they should offer him a contract, then trade his ass, he's not impressive, lazy, and from shteintsburgh

Trade Gagne, he's fragile.  Costs too much to only play 20 games, and cant be relied upon

Giroux was good in his short callup, and is tearing up the playoffs right now for Gatineau 12GP, 11G, 20A, 31PTS, +17.  Closest person in pts is 7 pts behind him in the league

Lupul has a high ankle sprain, and probably a concussion.  He hasnt been the same since Hatcher freightrained him and broke his neck/gave him a concussion
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2008, 08:02:32 AM
And IGY with his doom and gloom, didn't he call it Caps in 5, even the sun shines on a dogs a$$ every now and then.

to be truthful the series has gone exactly how i thought it would i just was wrong in thinking how long it would take the caps to get their playoff legs under them...the flyers lost their chance to win this series in game one when they blew the third period two goal lead...once that happened it guaranteed a longer series and gave the caps time to adjust to life in the playoffs

lets face it they are exponentially more talented and in the end that wins out...they have at least four players that are more talented than the flyers best player and the better goalie

look at the goals the caps score and then look at the flyers goals...caps are talent goals flyers need a pp or they have to run the goalie or else they simply dont score...one even strength goal in the last 120 minutes

the flyers need to clean house and get some talent on the team...even if it means sucking for the next five years...if ive said it once ive said 1000 times they have to many "scrappy" players and not enough talent ladened guys...even their supposed talent like carter and lupol really dont stand out in any aspect of the game...lupol btw has played a disgraceful series...the only real talent on the team might never play again...not good

I really question your hockey knowledge. I purposely gave you the benefit of the doubt when the Flyers took a 3-1 lead thinking you knew you were wrong but I guess I was mistaken. Perfect timing too, you disappear when the Flyers are doing well and re-appear the minute its apparently clear they're gonna blow it.

ice grillin you

lol @ trade gagne...as long as the rest of the league doesnt know that he might never finish a season again is to fragile and costs to much then im all for it

and if you think the flyers have one tenth of the talent the caps do then your more delusional than i even first thought

the caps have one of the best players ever and a mvp in ovechkin...the rookie of the year in backstrom the best offensive defenseman in the nhl and a 23 year old 30-40 goal guy in semin

the flyers have what exactly?...mike richards and jeff carter?....are you kidding me

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 22, 2008, 08:22:33 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2008, 08:02:32 AM

I really question your hockey knowledge. I purposely gave you the benefit of the doubt when the Flyers took a 3-1 lead thinking you knew you were wrong but I guess I was mistaken. Perfect timing too, you disappear when the Flyers are doing well and re-appear the minute its apparently clear they're gonna blow it.

actually i was 100% right just wrong on the number of games

and i didnt disappear i just didnt come on the computer last weekend as i had a house full of guests and went to games three nights in row

Rome

the flyers have blown two games in this series that they had firmly in hand.  and stop making retarded statements like the caps are exponentially more talented.  if they were they would have swept the flyers in four.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2008, 08:22:58 AM
lol @ trade gagne...as long as the rest of the league doesnt know that he might never finish a season again is to fragile and costs to much then im all for it

and if you think the flyers have one tenth of the talent the caps do then your more delusional than i even first thought

the caps have one of the best players ever and a mvp in ovechkin...the rookie of the year in backstrom the best offensive defenseman in the nhl and a 23 year old 30-40 goal guy in semin

the flyers have what exactly?...mike richards and jeff carter?....are you kidding me

we've gone back and forth on this shtein many times.  You think they suck, most other people outside of you think they are in their best position with talent on the farm in a long time.  Sure they have too many RJ/Hartnell/Richards molds, but they have Giroux/Nodl coming up who are your Finesse skill players. 

Green is andy delmore, all offense, no D.   AO is the real deal, but he's a supped Pavel Bure without the detriment of the 2 line pass. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

wrong. if the Flyers close out the series the last two games do you come in here spewing you were right and how much talent the caps have? The series goes the way you thought it would and you're in here after every game - regardless of house guests. I think the Flyers will lose and lose big tonight but if by some miracle they do win then what? The Flyers beat themselves by getting a lead and thinking they had the game wrapped up. Ovechkin has done squat all series but he scores two goals lastnight - one on a breakaway - the other he was left alone on the power play while Biron was out of position. Guess we'll just ignore the fact that he's been badly outplayed by Briere.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on April 22, 2008, 08:27:34 AM
the flyers have blown two games in this series that they had firmly in hand.  and stop making retarded statements like the caps are exponentially more talented.  if they were they would have swept the flyers in four.

Its like the washington area with the Gibbs theory. His first season back doesn't count because. The Caps first 4 games don't count because either.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 22, 2008, 08:27:34 AM

they didnt sweep them because the caps had like one player who had ever played in the playoffs before this series so they were a little overwhlemed at the start...once they got their wits about them they have owned the flyers and if they played 10 more times this series theyd win 8...trust me they are waaaaay more talented

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 22, 2008, 08:30:24 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2008, 08:22:58 AM

we've gone back and forth on this shtein many times.  You think they suck, most other people outside of you think they are in their best position with talent on the farm in a long time.  Sure they have too many RJ/Hartnell/Richards molds, but they have Giroux/Nodl coming up who are your Finesse skill players. 

Green is andy delmore, all offense, no D.   AO is the real deal, but he's a supped Pavel Bure without the detriment of the 2 line pass. 

a month ago you were on ovechkins jock harder than anyone here...now youre trying to downplay him....green is 1000 times better than delmore...yeah hes not very good defensively but id give any player on the flyers for him except richards  and maybe coburn...the way he skates and runs a pp is sick

and you can reference all these flyers players that are gonna supposedly be great but until they do it it dont mean shtein...teams like the penguins and caps already have these players up and doing it plus the caps system is still as good and probably a little better than the flyers...and of course the number one flyer prospect is a pwr forward

phattymatty

this is an email i got from a co-worker this morning, and basically sums up Caps fans...

QuoteI can't believe I've been missing hockey all these years, I SERIOUSLY love it. Caps were cool and patient, I wasn't surprised at all when they got on the board.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 22, 2008, 08:33:30 AM
wrong. if the Flyers close out the series the last two games do you come in here spewing you were right and how much talent the caps have? The series goes the way you thought it would and you're in here after every game - regardless of house guests. I think the Flyers will lose and lose big tonight but if by some miracle they do win then what? The Flyers beat themselves by getting a lead and thinking they had the game wrapped up. Ovechkin has done squat all series but he scores two goals lastnight - one on a breakaway - the other he was left alone on the power play while Biron was out of position. Guess we'll just ignore the fact that he's been badly outplayed by Briere.

correct....if the flyers had won the series i would not come here and say im right....you know why...cause i would have been wrong

its funny that people are coming at me for getting the amount of games wrong when they didnt even get the winner right

Quote from: phattymatty on April 22, 2008, 08:41:46 AM
this is an email i got from a co-worker this morning, and basically sums up Caps fans...

QuoteI can’t believe I’ve been missing hockey all these years, I SERIOUSLY love it. Caps were cool and patient, I wasn’t surprised at all when they got on the board.

they are seriously the worst...the sickening part is that they have a really bright future and this is just the beginning