07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Eagaholic

WOW, that was exciting! Really nice win.

BigEd76

F'ING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PhillyGirl

That was an AWESOME win.

Man, there really is nothing in the sports world better than a Flyers win in sudden death playoff overtime
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

The Eagles winning a game would be better, but yea, nice win.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

The Eagles winning a SUPER BOWL would be better.

Winning a game? Uh, no. If you think an Eagles regular season win is better than a double overtime, sudden death playoff OT win, you need to ban yourself.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Munson

I gotta go ahead and say that the Eagles winning a game in the last minute/second of any game, regular season, playoffs, in OT, not in OT, is more exciting then any other event in sports.

But Flyers winning a playoff game in OT is a close second.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

NGM

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNER!!  I got three free shots thanks to Mike Knuble.  He is now in my Flyers Hall of Fame. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Eagaholic

Ovechkin was the one who left Knuble alone on the doorstep for the winning goal.

I was impressed wth the strong back checking by the forwards in the third period and on. I think it was a key to stopping a number of would-be opportunities and shutting down the middle of the ice for the ovechkins. They got good mojo now and tears of disbelief are being shed all throughout Washington. Thoresen teaches Washinghow how to take one in the groin.

SD_Eagle5

The Flyers slept through the first 2 1/2 periods and if it wasn't for Carter and some help from the refs this game wouldn't have been close. Once Briere scored to tie it they turned it on.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 17, 2008, 11:02:13 PM

Winning a game? Uh, no. If you think an Eagles regular season win is better than a double overtime, sudden death playoff OT win, you need to ban yourself.

i guess for a diehard flyers fan, then yea. but the flyers are a clear 4th place in terms of city sports interest. but lets not belittle a nice win. i loved seeing that rooskie ovechkin right in front of the net when the flyers won it. farg him, back to siberia you little fag.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on April 17, 2008, 11:16:59 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 17, 2008, 11:02:13 PM

i guess for a diehard flyers fan, then yea. but the flyers are a clear 4th place in terms of city sports interest. but lets not belittle a nice win. i loved seeing that rooskie ovechkin right in front of the net when the flyers won it. farg him, back to siberia you little fag.

You couldn't be more wrong. Flyers blew last year yet there weren't many empty seats. Sixers blew and had one of the worst home attendance records in the league. Flyers are probably 2nd behind the Eagles. You could make an argument that the city likes the bums more but the Flyers have had some good teams over the past 15 years while the Phils have had maybe  1.

Eagaholic

I don't think it's right to call ovechkin a little fag. He's 6' 2''