07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Pointing and Laughing at the Washington Capitals

I've heard at least three callers that went to one of the games talk about how remarkably clueless the Washington fans are about hockey (who would have thought?). Up until game 2 they all were so self-convinced the Caps were going to win the Cup. Probably still are. 

Don Ho

dumb question from across the pacific so bare with me, are the NBC announcers the same as the VS crew?

really enjoyed watchng that game today.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

You actually like Pierre MacGuire?

Don, my friend, I'm afraid you've been surfing too much.  I think you have sunstroke.

And no, I don't believe they're the same.

SD_Eagle5

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=68920&st=0

QuoteI was walking down one of the stairwells, with a group of about 6 or 7 Flyers fans in front of me, and some guy in a white shirt came running down, grabbed something from a Flyers fan in the group, and a huge fight erupted, with about 6-8 people involved, half of them Caps fans and half of them Flyers fans. I kept walking, and there was this one huge bald guy in a black Flyers t-shirt, who kept saying to his buddies "Forget it, let's go", until someone got pushed down the stairs (think it was a Flyers fan), and kicked on the way down. Then this huge guy gets into it, and grabs one kid, pulls his shirt over his head, then runs him head-first into the brick wall. The kid is out and seriously hurt, and this guy and his friend run down the stairs as fast as possible.

QuoteThis (with a different slant) is from a post by VT Capsfan from the OnFrozenBlog board:

"I'm not gonna talk about the game. We all saw the same poop on the ice. And as Gustafsson noted the FIGHTS:

We saw about 10/12 snorkeling fans just standing there drinking, yelling and the Event Staff was trying there damnedest to move them away. We round the corner walking downstairs (Event Staff had blocked off one side of the stairs) we're on the 300 level, and there is a caps fan KNOCKED OUT. They were trying to stabilize the guy. Then we see another caps fan with his face BLOODED BADLY run up and take a swing at some snorkeling fan, and the event staff intercepted him. Tried to calm him down.

We figured out after talking to a friend we randomly saw, the 2 caps fans told the snorkeling fans to shut it, words were exchanged and 1 or 2 snorkeling fans pushed the caps fan down the stairs. Other Caps fan tried to defend himself and 2 snorkeling fans jumped him and beat the snot out of him. The pack of 10 snorkeling fans enjoyed it and continued to hoot and holler. The event staff took the two thugs out.

Mrs. VT Caps Fan was freaking out, didn't understand why people are like that. My brother and I had to explain to her, that this is what snorkeling does. Individually they wont do a thing, but with a group of people they think they can take on the world.

You knew this would happen; snorkeling's in town.

That's why I'll never go to see a Caps or Skins game in that godforsaken city. They're an embarrassment to humanity."

PoopyfaceMcGee

phillymic2000

Quote from: Don Ho on April 14, 2008, 03:56:37 AM
dumb question from across the pacific so bare with me, are the NBC announcers the same as the VS crew?

really enjoyed watchng that game today.

Tell me about it, the opening of the broadcast went on about the awsomest fans that the caps have, and #8 is our hero blah blah blah.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 14, 2008, 07:02:48 AM
http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=68920&st=0

QuoteI was walking down one of the stairwells, with a group of about 6 or 7 Flyers fans in front of me, and some guy in a white shirt came running down, grabbed something from a Flyers fan in the group, and a huge fight erupted, with about 6-8 people involved, half of them Caps fans and half of them Flyers fans. I kept walking, and there was this one huge bald guy in a black Flyers t-shirt, who kept saying to his buddies "Forget it, let's go", until someone got pushed down the stairs (think it was a Flyers fan), and kicked on the way down. Then this huge guy gets into it, and grabs one kid, pulls his shirt over his head, then runs him head-first into the brick wall. The kid is out and seriously hurt, and this guy and his friend run down the stairs as fast as possible.

QuoteThis (with a different slant) is from a post by VT Capsfan from the OnFrozenBlog board:

"I'm not gonna talk about the game. We all saw the same poop on the ice. And as Gustafsson noted the FIGHTS:

We saw about 10/12 snorkeling fans just standing there drinking, yelling and the Event Staff was trying there damnedest to move them away. We round the corner walking downstairs (Event Staff had blocked off one side of the stairs) we're on the 300 level, and there is a caps fan KNOCKED OUT. They were trying to stabilize the guy. Then we see another caps fan with his face BLOODED BADLY run up and take a swing at some snorkeling fan, and the event staff intercepted him. Tried to calm him down.

We figured out after talking to a friend we randomly saw, the 2 caps fans told the snorkeling fans to shut it, words were exchanged and 1 or 2 snorkeling fans pushed the caps fan down the stairs. Other Caps fan tried to defend himself and 2 snorkeling fans jumped him and beat the snot out of him. The pack of 10 snorkeling fans enjoyed it and continued to hoot and holler. The event staff took the two thugs out.

Mrs. VT Caps Fan was freaking out, didn't understand why people are like that. My brother and I had to explain to her, that this is what snorkeling does. Individually they wont do a thing, but with a group of people they think they can take on the world.

You knew this would happen; snorkeling's in town.

That's why I'll never go to see a Caps or Skins game in that godforsaken city. They're an embarrassment to humanity."

lol, i was just going to post this, http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=68920&st=0

IGY, was that you?  Im baggin up at these douches, and their faggy thread
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

igy called me on the way to the bar last night, so he wasn't in jail...that was a few years ago
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phillymic2000

QuoteAs I said before, it started when a guy in a white t-shirt grabbed something from one of the Flyers fans in the group in front of me in the stairwell, so obviously it wasn't a Flyers fan that started it. He came running in, and two of the Flyers fans in the group were the same guys that were kicked out of 421 near the end of the game, so really, he could have said something to him on the way out. Who knows? But yeah, that's how it started, and I'm not saying that the Caps fans that were involved were angels, but really, this guy was pretty big and the kid he ran into the wall was smaller than him. With the force that guy threw the kid into the wall, he could have easily paralyzed him. Completely uncalled for.

:-D So it's ok to start the altercation, but you should expect the people you started the fight with to go easy on you? These guys really do believe the WWE is real don't they? Great reading, some hilarious stuff on that thread.

Seabiscuit36

Typical Washington fans, start shtein, but always scared to finish it.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

I went through the same thing in Tampa during the Eastern Conference Championship a few years ago.  I don't know what it is about opposing fans and people from Philly.  For some reason they're expecting a confrontation based on our reputation, but the fact is most of them provoke them and then wonder what the farg happened when they ended up beaten and bloody.

Whatever, though.  I sincerely hope the Flyers take those bitches out in five at this point.  It should be a sweep based on the first 50 minutes of Friday's game, and it would be if Biron and the defense had played like they did yesterday, but that's playoff hockey for you.

BigEd76

ha...Mike Milbury called them the "Crapitals" during the 2nd intermission recap

Seabiscuit36

Mike Ratchuk signed with the Phantoms after Michigan State got eliminated from the NCAA Finals, He's the flyers 2nd round pick 2 years ago.  In his first game, this is the goal he got

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2_4p2tQxWV8

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on April 14, 2008, 12:22:37 PM
Looked like vintage Mark Howe.

Weird.  Some guy on YouTube said the same thing:

jerome99rip (23 minutes ago)
Looked like vintage Mark Howe.