07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

why does anyone even care what IGY picks?

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 11, 2008, 12:58:13 PM
You consistently pick the other team.  If it's the Eagles playing, you pick the Cowboys.  If it's the Phillies, you pick the Mets.  On and on, dude.  I don't know or particularly care if you're being honest here but just once I'd like to see just a smidgen of positivity from you instead of the usual "the sky is falling" rhetoric.

i suggest you read the eagles prediction thread from last season...or look at my eagle picks in general

plus its not like philly is throwing dominant teams out there and im picking against them...most times im not exactly going out on a limb picking against a philly teams as sd just pointed out
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on April 11, 2008, 01:00:07 PM

my guess is because he was the first one to post his prediction

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 11, 2008, 01:02:03 PM

No, he wasn't.  He wasn't even the first to post the prediction of Caps in 5.

ice grillin you

it has nothing to do with me...in general people get very defensive when someone picks against their favorite team...especially in something as big as a playoff series

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 11, 2008, 01:02:59 PM

Is someone feeling a bit slighted?

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

You picked the Mets every farging day until the last day of the season last year.  Earlier this year you actually said the Flyers wouldn't win another game and that was in farging February.  You do that shtein all the time, man, and while it's entertaining, it starts to wear on a motherfarger, especially when you start making grandiose predictions like they've been foretold to you by the black Jesus or something.

And LOL at the predictable homer tag.  I'm just as pessimistic as you are.  The difference between us is I hope for the best while expecting the worst.  I actually think you do the same but your "act" here is to consistently play the doubter card.  I think it's dishonest and tiresome, but again, whatever.  You do your thing but just expect me to be the little tweety bird in your head that reminds you of it.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on April 11, 2008, 12:19:33 PM
LOLZ.  Your prediction is your latest lame attempt at provoking conflict in this forum.  It's what you do and that's fine.

haha, exactly
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 11, 2008, 01:06:03 PM
You picked the Mets every farging day until the last day of the season last year.  Earlier this year you actually said the Flyers wouldn't win another game and that was in farging February.  You do that shtein all the time, man, and while it's entertaining, it starts to wear on a motherfarger, especially when you start making grandiose predictions like they've been foretold to you by the black Jesus or something.

And LOL at the predictable homer tag.  I'm just as pessimistic as you are.  The difference between us is I hope for the best while expecting the worst.  I actually think you do the same but your "act" here is to consistently play the doubter card.  I think it's dishonest and tiresome, but again, whatever.  You do your thing but just expect me to be the little tweety bird in your head that reminds you of it.

i never said i didnt pick against philly teams...youre just picking and choosing all the times i pick against them...and i was hardly the only person that didnt think the phils wouldnt make the playoffs last year...also by definition if youre picking games that involve philly teams youre more than often going to pick against them cause they usually arent that good

and how is breaking down the flyers series game by game a grandiose prediction

heres the difference btwn me and you:

i hope for the best expect the worst and pick who i honestly believe is gonna win

you expect the worst hope for the best and let that hope dictate who you pick to win

and lol at you thinking im gonna leave here today and go to the bar and start telling the guys im going with that the flyers are gonna win...i say the same exact shtein here as i do anywhere else

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 11, 2008, 01:09:47 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 11, 2008, 12:19:33 PM
LOLZ.  Your prediction is your latest lame attempt at provoking conflict in this forum.  It's what you do and that's fine.

haha, exactly

shocking that the original all time homer would chime in...youre the spadaro of philly sports and your opinions are null and void because of it...at least romey roots with his heart...you honestly think your teams are gonna win every game

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 11, 2008, 01:04:13 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on April 11, 2008, 01:02:59 PM

Is someone feeling a bit slighted?

Clearly.

Rome

You must be a ball to hang out with if you constantly say to everyone that the team you're going to watch is gonna lose.  It's annoying enough to read here and I can't imagine having to listen to someone chirp about it like you evidently do.