07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

caps recalled lepisto and sloan today.....might just be precautionary but lets hope not...having morrison and schultz out of the lineup would be huge
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

why does every hockey fight montage have the loudest worst heavy metal ever...i cant make it thru the first 30 seconds of them

bad news: schultz and morrison practicing today

ice grillin you

bundy and macnow both have the flyers in 6

this series cant start soon enough...this long break has the feel of the two weeks before the superbowl

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 09, 2008, 01:01:23 PM
why does every hockey fight montage have the loudest worst heavy metal ever...i cant make it thru the first 30 seconds of them

bad news: schultz and morrison practicing today

lol at hating Enter Sandman

Where's the KKK smiley when you need it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

good news.....jason smith is in for tomorrow

SD_Eagle5

Umberger was moved to the 4th line, then whined about it. Kapanen is out with a stiff neck.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i might have two tickets for tonights game if anyone wants to come down

PM me

ice grillin you

prediction time

im torn between whether the flyers lose in 5 or 6...unless biron is able to flip a switch and transform himself from how he played in the regular season to a bonafied playoff goalie the flyers ahve a huge disadvantage in net and thats where i primarily see the difference here...i think the flyers will have trouble scoring goals in this series and when you cant score you better have a stud in net to win the game for you and i dont see that in biron right now

the flyers really need morrsion out of the lineup and to a lesser extent shultz that would make a huge difference...they also have to punish semin and backstrom into oblivion...they are soft ass euro trash in their first playoffs and dont know what is about to hit them...stating the obvious i know but they must win one of the first two games

game 1 - the first period of this game will determine the series...caps in the playoffs for the first time in five eyars ovechkin fever has struck and its gonna be crazy...the flyers must weather the storm...they wont tho...biron gets pulled in a 5-2 loss

game 2 - flyers get their feet under them and play a good tough game but ultimately end up losing because they cant score they might even get shutout but im going 2-1 loss

game 3 - flyers back home and the difference is tangible...ovechkin is held in check and flyers win 4-2

game 4 - this is the game im torn on as to wherther the series goes five or six...complete toss up game but in the end i think the caps steal this on the road 4-3 and end the series in

game 5 - back in dc once again the caps home crowd wills them to their first playoff series win in 10 years

prediction caps in 5

anyone else wanna give it a shot.......?

btw i found this awesome blog

http://japersrink.blogspot.com/2008/04/capsflyers-history-of-carnage-and.html

Rome

A prediction of doom?   From you??

Oh, no way.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 11, 2008, 11:50:18 AM
A prediction of doom?   From you??

Oh, no way.

more like a prediction of brutal honesty

lets wait until we find out who the sixers play...that prediction might be more along the lines of the puppy and flower positivity that you are filled with

Seabiscuit36

No point because IGY knows what my prediction is.  But i will say that Hartnell is going to be a huge player in this series, Biron needs to play like he did the past 2 games.  Im very excited to see what hte Gawd does, he's always historically been a huge playoff player in both JR/Wrld Jr/AHL. 

Philly in 6, the fact that the flyers have scoring on all 4 lines is a huge factor

ice grillin you

i dont count the pit game cause they gave up but if biron plays like he did vs the devils then its a totally different series i just dont think he can...also my predicition is based on morrison and schultz playing...if they dont play for multiple games in the series the flyers could easily win

Rome

LOLZ.  Your prediction is your latest lame attempt at provoking conflict in this forum.  It's what you do and that's fine.

Flyers in Seven.