07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

if the flyers end up playing the caps it will be one of the most emotional nerve racking times of my life...you cant imagine how disgusting the caps bandwagon is around here....like the most pathetic display of sports fandom ive ever seen and if those fans were to see the caps beat the flyers i dont know what i would do...its so bad that even tho id get to see all the games in a caps flyers series i would rather see trhem play the pnguins for fear of the caps winning...also above and beyond that the flyers have a better chance of beating the penguins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i hope the flyers win but i want them to go through dc. toy with havas' emotions, please.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 05, 2008, 10:33:03 PM
you cant imagine how disgusting the caps bandwagon is around here....like the most pathetic display of sports fandom ive ever seen

Try hanging out down in Canes territory when they get off a playoff run.  There is no more infuriating experience than all the "Caniacs" (yes, they actually use that word) coming out of the woodwork.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 06, 2008, 06:03:43 AM
you cant imagine how disgusting the caps bandwagon is around here....like the most pathetic display of sports fandom ive ever seen

Try hanging out down in Canes territory when they get off a playoff run.  There is no more infuriating experience than all the "Caniacs" (yes, they actually use that word) coming out of the woodwork.

and about 10 people show up for the games during the season. horrible.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Being an Eagles fan in Central Florida after the Buccaneers finally beat them and subsequently won the Super Bowl was delightful as well.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 06, 2008, 07:56:58 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on April 06, 2008, 06:03:43 AM

and about 10 people show up for the games during the season. horrible.

Next year, yes.  This year, they sold a lot of tickets coming off the Cup.  I'd say at least 30% of this year's season ticket holders will give up their seats for next year to focus more on NASCAR.

Seabiscuit36

Therien the coach of the Pens had an article out in the pittsburgh papers basically saying that he wants the refs to protect his players today from the flyers.  What a flag.  Seriously, Ruutu takes a run at Briere, fargs his knee up.  Gonchar gives a butt end to hartnell's nose, Laraque slides into Biron and then claims he was doing a tribute to Jackie Robinson, Laraque in the same game hits Downie from behind in the same exact fashion of the Jones/Bergeron hit, but Downie gets up and fights the next period so its ignored.  farg the pens, bunch of stick working flags who rely on one guy to drop them. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

he wrote the actual piece...like an op ed in the pittsburgh papers?

link?

ice grillin you

for the record i cant find anything in the pittsburgh papers....probably some flyer blog propaganda

i did find this tho....pretty cool

Penguins Notebook: Laraque respects Flyers' Cote
Friday, April 04, 2008
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Penguins enforcer Georges Laraque hit his Philadelphia counterpart, Riley Cote, with a left so hard that it sent Cote's helmet skidding 60 feet or so across the ice when the two fought early in the Penguins' 4-2 victory Wednesday at Mellon Arena.

Happily for all concerned, Cote wasn't still attached.

But something that Laraque, regarded by many as the NHL's top heavyweight, said afterward might be what really gets Cote's head spinning.

He called Cote, who is listed as being 6 foot 1, 210 pounds, "pound-for-pound ... the toughest guy in the NHL."

Although Laraque's official bio says he is 6 foot 3, 243, he is believed to be considerably heavier, which probably explains why he feels it's "unbelievable" that Cote would take him on without hesitation and do it so aggressively.

"He doesn't back down," Laraque said. "He fights open. He's a lefty, and ... he doesn't hold on. He just goes. It's unreal. I respect him a lot."

QB Eagles

QuotePens' Therrien hopes for responsible officiating in finale

By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, April 5, 2008

Given the combative nature of his team's rivalry with the Philadelphia Flyers this season, Penguins coach Michel Therrien urged referees working Sunday's regular-season finale not to swallow their whistles.

"We want to make sure that the referees and the league will call the right penalties," Therrien said Friday. "You saw a game (Thursday), Toronto-Ottawa, (Senators captain Daniel) Alfredsson got hit to the head. You don't want to see those types of things happen just before the playoffs. You have a team that's out of the playoffs (Toronto) and has nothing to lose."

Alfreddson and Senators center Mike Fisher were injured in Thursday night's 8-2 win over the Maple Leafs. Alfreddson sustained what the Senators are calling upper body and knee injuries after being hit by the Maple Leafs' Mark Bell.

Both players are out for "a while," coach Bryan Murray said on the Senators' Web site. "We're talking weeks."

"You want to make sure you play hard," Therrien said. "You want to make sure if there's a call to be made, you have to make the right call. They have a responsibility, not only to protect the good players, (Sidney) Crosby, (Evgeni) Malkin, (Marian) Hossa, all those type of players, but the rest of the players; they're important.

"You don't want things getting out of hand. Most of the time players respect each other on the ice, and they'll play hard and they'll play fair."

The game may mean something to the Penguins, who are trying to finish first overall in the Eastern Conference, and to the Flyers, who are competing to make the playoffs.

"We're not going to put everything in the same basket to win the conference," Therrien said.

Apparently the Trib thinks the Flyers haven't clinched the playoffs yet.

phattymatty

if the flyers end up playing the caps it will be one of the most emotional nerve racking times of my life...you cant imagine how disgusting the caps bandwagon is around here....like the most pathetic display of sports fandom ive ever seen and if those fans were to see the caps beat the flyers i dont know what i would do...its so bad that even tho id get to see all the games in a caps flyers series i would rather see trhem play the pnguins for fear of the caps winning...also above and beyond that the flyers have a better chance of beating the penguins

for real.  i was boozing in chinatown last night and the rednecks were all over the place.  i think last night might have been their first sellout of the year.

SD_Eagle5

farg that icehole Therien, he's actually bitching about the refs not making the right call after Hartnell got an extra nostril compliments of Gonchar and that 5-3 which ultimately was the difference in the game and was just an abysmal call. I hope Downie is in cheap shot mode today.

Seabiscuit36

Crosby isnt warming up, must have the Philly Flu
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36