07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on March 21, 2008, 07:52:21 PM
Now it'd be nice to see them play with that kind of desperation/intensity for more then the first period.

I'm feeling a 3-1 Rangers lead by the end of the second.

Fortunately, you were wrong on that one.

Unfortunately, I missed most of the first two periods.  They'd better put their skates against Lady Jagr's throat.

SunMo

they actually won a shootout...craziness
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

THEY WIN! And they won a SO too.

Well deserved win, the Flyers looked good from the first drop of the puck.

SunMo

except for the whole blowing 2 different leads thing

SD_Eagle5

SunMo

Munson

Broad Street Lead Blowers.

Thank god I was wrong. But they still almost farged it up.

Richards and Carter's shoot out goals were pretty sweet.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

First Ranger goal was soft.  Biron should have stopped it.

Second goal was a meltdown.  I was expecting to hear Benny Hill music.

Third goal was a meltdown.  I was expecting to hear the theme from Jaws or Psycho.

The Flyers, quite simply, are not a playoff team.  They may MAKE the playoffs, but theu are not a true playoff team.

Munson

They're just too inconsistant. They'll play great one period and then zesty the next. If they ever put it all together they'd probably be a 4 or 5 seed at this point.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

dis12

Quote from: Munson on March 21, 2008, 10:31:14 PM
They're just too inconsistant. They'll play great one period and then zesty the next. If they ever put it all together they'd probably be a 4 or 5 seed at this point.
is it just me or do the Flyers ALWAYS look slow?   can't get out of their own zone quickly, react too slowly in their own zone, etc. 
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

SD_Eagle5

They're a slow team. Knuble might be the slowest forward in the league.

If they could learn how to take a pass and shoot off a pass rather than wait and give the goalie time to set up it would do wonders.

Munson

They are pretty slow...but that's why I don't bitch about guys like Breire and Carter being "soft"...because they seem to be the only guys with any type of speed on the team. Breire actually speeds over the blue line himself with the puck instead of getting to the neutral zone and dumping it in and hoping the other slow ass guys can get to the fore check.

Richards isn't super fast but he's extremely creative with the puck.

SD-Good point. I don't know how many times this year I've watched a game and have screamed "WHAT THE farg WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THE SHOT THERE?!"

DWill18

nothing bothers me more than when Briere gains the zone at full speed and then stops along the boards above the circles

always gives it away there too, so annoying...

ice grillin you

briere is not that fast...hes faster than a sloth like knuble of course but hes not some sort of speedster
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: DWill18 on March 22, 2008, 07:40:25 PM
nothing bothers me more than when Briere gains the zone at full speed and then stops along the boards above the circles

always gives it away there too, so annoying...

I'd rather him speed it into the zone himself then watch him dump it in and watch the other slow iceholes on the ice not even make it to the forecheck before the other team has possession.