07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on March 18, 2008, 09:36:46 PM
what a bunch of retards
wtf was knuble doing, seriously noone on this team understands positioning
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

yeah, really...and stevens is a retard for having him on the ice

and kovalchuck is a retard for shooting the puck right into nitty's leg...ha
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

SD_Eagle5

They did their best to blow it but came up short. They might not win again this season.

ice grillin you

they will beat the islanders once but otherwise youre pretty much correct
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

QuoteLoose pucks
The Edmonton Journal reported yesterday that Flyers captain Jason Smith will sign with New Jersey this summer as an unrestricted free agent. The Flyers have not extended his contract and, according to Western scouts, tried unsuccessfully to move the defenseman at the trade deadline. The Devils had tried to get Smith at the deadline, according to one league official, but were not willing to offer a decent return. The Flyers expect Smith to sign with New Jersey this summer, anyway

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers...ill_father.html

I would have taken a bag of pucks even from Jersey

Seabiscuit36

I love that he will go there, thats like an instant 20 turnovers that the team will see against the Devils next year
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

He's also vastly overrated as a leader, they should have gotten whatever they could for him and called it a day. Along with him on d I hope Hatcher and Jones are gone too.

ice grillin you

i was reading the 2007 offseason thread and its funny seeing all the comments about the smith trade and briere signing but this is my favorite

Quote from: King Cole on July 01, 2007, 07:13:00 PM
Best Flyers day in ages. Incredible trade and great signing.

romey gets the silver medal....

Quote from: Rome on July 01, 2007, 07:36:34 PM
The Smith/Lupul deal is absolute highway robbery.   Holmgren should be reported immediately to the FBI.   :-D

Smith is a good defenseman who actually plays solid defense.  In other words, unlike Joni he does precisely what he's supposed to do behind the blue line.

Seabiscuit36

Gettin Lupul and Smith for Joni still was a good deal when you look at it.  Joni hasnt gotten it, and is on the outs in Edmonton and likely will be out of the league in the next 5 years if he keeps this up.  Lupul if healthy was on pace for some sick #'s, and creates a ton of chances every game.  He's got an absolutely sick shot. 

Smith is basically what he is, horrible handling the puck, he's lead the league in turnovers the past 2 years i think so it doesnt come as a surprise.  His leadership was really apparent, he's a horse one on one, but his game is so limited, and he's really exposed playing as much as he is now. 

ice grillin you

it definitely hasnt been a good trade for the flyers this year....smith has more than cancelled out anthing good lupul has done and lupul hasnt played half the season...pitkanen has been fighting injuries all year as well...

the true test of the deal will be played out in the years to come but the point is the day it was made was one of the great flyers days in history and i wouldnt just yet be calling the fbi on homer

Seabiscuit36

SunMo

excellent, i was worried about my viewing schedule tonight.  at or around 7pm we had St. Joe's, Sixers/Orlando, and Flyers/Rangers.

well, the Rangers are starting Valliquette in net, so mark down an automatic shutout loss.

now I can focus on the Joes and the Sixers
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Quote from: SunMo on March 21, 2008, 04:22:34 PMthe Rangers are starting Valliquette in net, so mark down an automatic shutout loss

Richards breakaway....1-0  :yay

Munson

Now it'd be nice to see them play with that kind of desperation/intensity for more then the first period.

I'm feeling a 3-1 Rangers lead by the end of the second.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds