2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Sounds like Gomez to the Rangers and Rafalski to the Red Wings too, so the Devils took a major hit...

Supposedly this Briere contract has a no-trade clause and is $10M in the first year, but it's still only $6.5 against the cap

BigEd76

According to an interview with TSN, Briere said he was offered $7M/yr in other places but wanted to come here.  He did say Biron being here played a factor...

MDS

Why is it that the hockey team is the only team in this town that realizes they're in the 4th largest media market?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Flyers just made another trade:

Pitkanen and Sanderson to Edmonton for Oiler captain Jason Smith and forward Joffrey Lupul (was part of the Pronger trade)

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SunMo

Flyers also give up a 3rd round pick
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Best Flyers day in ages. Incredible trade and great signing.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I guess Timonen's going to have to find someone else to mentor.

NGM

What is the deal with this Lupul guy, is he any good?
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

the flyers love defensive defensmen sooooo much
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The Smith/Lupul deal is absolute highway robbery.   Holmgren should be reported immediately to the FBI.   :-D

Lupul was excellent in Anaheim before being traded to Edmonton before last season.

Smith is a good defenseman who actually plays solid defense.  In other words, unlike Joni he does precisely what he's supposed to do behind the blue line.

Seabiscuit36

Lupul is good, but Joni has the potential to be great.  Sure he's a tard but his level is scary. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

The BIGSTUD

The Rangers supposedly signed Drury along with Gomez.

Man they are pathetic. It is going to be so funny when they don't even make the playoffs, let alone contend.

ice grillin you

Lupul is good, but Joni has the potential to be great.  Sure he's a tard but his level is scary.

what he said
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

If Pitkanen realizes his potential, the Flyers will regret this trade for years.