07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

The Flyers are closer to a playoff spot than Colorado is.  What a joke...

NGM

Interesting choice.  Any word on the money?
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 25, 2008, 04:48:09 PM

maybe on paper but the flyers are further away from a playoff spot than any team in the league right now...they might not win another game this year

i actually applaud him for coming back for the love of the game vs trying to win a title...how many guys would have signed with detroit...

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2008, 05:03:50 PM

maybe on paper but the flyers are further away from a playoff spot than any team in the league right now...they might not win another game this year

i actually applaud him for coming back for the love of the game vs trying to win a title...how many guys would have signed with detroit...

I dont blame him one bit.  The two best players are most likely finished this year.  Had Richards not tore his groin they may have had a small chance getting him.  Gagne was one of the main reasons Forsberg wanted to come back, once he became a vegetable, he changed his mind
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

If this can't teach you to never trust the Swedes, I don't know what will.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Templeton Peck on February 25, 2008, 07:11:03 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 25, 2008, 05:03:50 PM

I dont blame him one bit.  The two best players are most likely finished this year.  Had Richards not tore his groin they may have had a small chance getting him.  Gagne was one of the main reasons Forsberg wanted to come back, once he became a vegetable, he changed his mind

i agree the injuries and recent tank job caused him to go west....he seems to be a stand up guy and i really respect him...wanting to help the flyers who he felt he let down when he was here and his second choice was colorado...a place that he feels is his second home

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

They're probably going to lose #11 in a row here in Buffalo but at least they aren't getting killed after a 3-0 deficit....

Oh yeah, that Modry guy they JUST got?  Out already.  :-D

SD_Eagle5

Briere wins it for them in the shootout  :-D

BigEd76

A shootout win in Buffalo after being down 3-0 15 minutes into the game.  huh

Seabiscuit36

Cant believe they actually won a shootout after being down 3-0 in the game.  Carter was a friggin beast tonight
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Flyers make a trade: Vinny Prospal is back for Picard and a conditional draft pick

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.