07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

So who gets cut or traded to make room under the cap?

Seabiscuit36

they can afford him without moving anyone Ed. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

I don't see how.

According to this they only have around $770K of cap room available.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Lies.  They cleared room when Downie killed that guy and got sent to Sing Sing.  The Flyers gorilla told me.

SunMo

don't you worry your pretty little head about it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

there is something about the money can be prorated, and they have a different pool for the playoffs.  Plus he could end up starting off injured which would save money.  They made plans before the season to allow enought to sign forsberg, and had spoken to Baisley his agent what $'s they expected
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Down 2-0. 1st period felt like one long penalty kill

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 31, 2008, 08:05:28 PM
string outing nitty cent you POS

ha, hardly his fault...the entire team looks like garbage
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on January 31, 2008, 08:57:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 31, 2008, 08:05:28 PM
string outing nitty cent you POS

ha, hardly his fault...the entire team looks like garbage

No doubt, they're all playing like utter garbage.

rjs246

This team doesn't have what it takes yet. IGY's stance on them winning just one playoff series is making more and more sense the more games like this that they play.

Also, the defense is cover your eyes bad.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

I don't think they make it to the cup but with the right matchups they can make it further than the 1st round. They've dominated Carolina, Penguins and the Islanders and I think they're more than capable of taking Boston or the Rangers in a 7 game series. They face Jersey or the Habs and no doubt it's season over.

The D comes right back to what was wrong last year which is the defenseman being too slow to get into position. I know Parent is only 20 but farg it bring him up now,  leaving him in the minors for more 'seasoning' is just dumb if he's ready to contribute. A rookie who plays solid D is still better than Hatcher/Vandermeer/Jones.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on January 31, 2008, 10:13:27 PM
This team doesn't have what it takes yet. IGY's stance on them winning just one playoff series is making more and more sense the more games like this that they play.

Also, the defense is cover your eyes bad.

for the record im not even sure they will make the playoffs....my stance is that winning a playoff series should be the goal and would be a great accomplishment for a team that was thrown together nine months ago...anything after that is gravy...

Seabiscuit36

Absolutly pathetic effort the past 2 games.  Vandemeer needs to sit, let Lasse play.  The only positive thing i saw was after the horrid call against Richards for charging, he went out there and was wrecking shop

ice grillin you