07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

it's a game now to him.  He likes being the bad guy, kind of like Denzel. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 26, 2008, 01:03:46 AM
it's a game now to him.  He likes being the bad guy, kind of like Denzel. 

IGY's worlds blacker than Denzel.

Downie's blacker than IGY.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 26, 2008, 12:13:45 AM
IGY's hatred of Downie is much like hatin' on Gocong. No matter what happens, he's gonna rip away.

actually i dont really care about him either way...i just despise whore homers of any kind....and the sickening man love for the guy and the flyers in general in this thread is too much...to the point that i dont even come to it that much anymore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Biron sucks by the way.  Definitely not the #1 i thought he was capable of.  So this team is not going to win anything unless Nitty turns real, or they can get a legit #1 goalie.  The Devils own the flyers goalies, it's in their heads and clearly shows up in their zesty games.  This is where i agree with IGY, Luongo would have given this team a cup had they made a move for him.  They also need a true #1 defensemen a la Phaneuf, problem is as RFA he's going to cost a lot in a trade, and even more to resign.  The Flyers are in the top 5 of prospects available, and i'd definitely move a ton of players or picks to get Dion. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

I admit I don't know too much about hockey but I do remember Kimo Timonen or whatever playing really good defense against the Penguins the other night. Someone who knows a bit more about hockey...is he that good or was it just a good game?
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 26, 2008, 12:23:34 PM

Biron sucks by the way.  Definitely not the #1 i thought he was capable of.  So this team is not going to win anything unless Nitty turns real, or they can get a legit #1 goalie.  The Devils own the flyers goalies, it's in their heads and clearly shows up in their zesty games.  This is where i agree with IGY, Luongo would have given this team a cup had they made a move for him.  They also need a true #1 defensemen a la Phaneuf, problem is as RFA he's going to cost a lot in a trade, and even more to resign.  The Flyers are in the top 5 of prospects available, and i'd definitely move a ton of players or picks to get Dion. 

Biron hasn't been great and I knew at some point Nitty would come back down to earth, but the Flyers D should get a majority of the blame. The team leads the league in shots against.

Quote from: Munson on January 26, 2008, 03:04:57 PM
I admit I don't know too much about hockey but I do remember Kimo Timonen or whatever playing really good defense against the Penguins the other night. Someone who knows a bit more about hockey...is he that good or was it just a good game?

He's played better as of late and is a good player but so far he hasn't lived up to the expectations of his contract. I think he'll only get better....

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2008, 09:18:31 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 26, 2008, 12:13:45 AM
IGY's hatred of Downie is much like hatin' on Gocong. No matter what happens, he's gonna rip away.

actually i dont really care about him either way...i just despise whore homers of any kind....and the sickening man love for the guy and the flyers in general in this thread is too much...to the point that i dont even come to it that much anymore

I just felt like taking a shot at ya  ;D

I cant see the Flyers or Sixers much down here anyways. I'm not home enough to warrant paying for the packages on cable.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 26, 2008, 03:13:51 PM

Biron hasn't been great and I knew at some point Nitty would come back down to earth, but the Flyers D should get a majority of the blame. The team leads the league in shots against.

The flyers forwards are to blame for giving up so many chances and shots.  They constantly cheat, and goals wise they are scoring but they are leaving the D which isnt strong enough at times, other times completely dominant, the same goes with the goaltending.  Biron to me has just lost his focus, he whined about not starting when Nitty was on fire and hasnt showed anything in coming back.  If this team found a way to get a legit goaltender they'd have a chance considering the amount of goals they can score, but with what they have, they get into the playoffs as a 5 seed, and maybe go one round. 

Seabiscuit36

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=350190

IGY, here's a flyers prospect update on the guy you said i'd know.  Worth a read.  They definitely reached early to get him, but he's a legit heavy that this org finally has. 

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 26, 2008, 03:53:00 PM
The flyers forwards are to blame for giving up so many chances and shots.  They constantly cheat, and goals wise they are scoring but they are leaving the D which isnt strong enough at times, other times completely dominant, the same goes with the goaltending.  Biron to me has just lost his focus, he whined about not starting when Nitty was on fire and hasnt showed anything in coming back.  If this team found a way to get a legit goaltender they'd have a chance considering the amount of goals they can score, but with what they have, they get into the playoffs as a 5 seed, and maybe go one round. 

It's not the forwards fault the defenseman (Smith, Jones, Vandermeer, Hatcher) are too slow to get back in position on D. It's the forwards fault they press too much which causes odd man rushes, but the Flyers defenseman give up the blue line likey they're invisible.

Munson

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 26, 2008, 03:13:51 PM

Quote from: Munson on January 26, 2008, 03:04:57 PM

He's played better as of late and is a good player but so far he hasn't lived up to the expectations of his contract. I think he'll only get better....

Thank you. I just remember his name being called a lot and watching him jam up a lotta guys during the game, including Malkin. If he played like that every night...

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I just came all over myself watching that.

Thanks man.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on January 27, 2008, 03:12:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xyCMyGIPVY&feature=related

Flyers/Canadians 1987 pregame brawl before a playoff game...awesome stuff

I was a sophomore that year, and can remember that like it was yesterday, especially the part where Dave Brown came out sans jersey and chased that little Canadian pansy around the rink.  Brown is still one of my all-time favorite Flyers.

Broad Street Bullies, indeed...

Eagles_Legendz

I think Timonen has been pretty solid this season, and has only gotten better since being paired with Vandermeer.  He may not be scoring as much as you might expect, but he rarely makes mistakes in the defensive end, and he has played a remarkably consistent point on the PP.  I don't think you can undervalue how much he has meant in regards to making the Flyers PP #1 this year.