07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Awesome comeback.  Stevens might be a geek but he knows when to lose his shtein.

Seabiscuit36

Hatcher got them the win by a fight, and Stevens got into their asses.  Nice to finally see some fire from him considering he's disappointed me with how passive he can be. 

BTW, Richards centering Downie and Hartnell is unfarging believeable. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Ha!  The Hatcher fight was great.  He thumped that baldheaded motherfarger.  I thought he was gonna have an Elmer Fudd-like welt on top of his head.

And yeah, you gotta love the Richards, Hartnell & Downie line together.  Too bad you can't win with guys like Downie, though.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 20, 2008, 12:20:18 AM
BTW, Richards centering Downie and Hartnell is unfarging believeable. 

That. I missed most of the game, but caught the 3rd period and the highlights.

Awesome.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

I'm more excited about Downie vs Ottawa than the Giants/Pack game.  I just want to see blood, but supposedly Bettman is in attendence so it will probably be a game completely controlled by the refs
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 20, 2008, 06:22:06 PM
I'm more excited about Downie vs Ottawa than the Giants/Pack game.  I just want to see blood, but supposedly Bettman is in attendence so it will probably be a game completely called in favor of Ottawa.

Fixed.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

game update, 2-0 Flyers, Cote beat Mcgratton easily, and mcgratton fell down and injured his shoulder.  Coburn scored a minute in, and Hartnell scored another PP goals, 10 goals in his past 6 games

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

BigEd76

The Flyers now have more points than all of last season already

Here's a trade rumor already:

Sundin for Carter + 1st round pick if they don't sign Forsberg  :-\

SD_Eagle5

That would be an idiotic deal. Sundin is ancient and not worth Carter plus a 1st. Second, if they're putting that package together they might as well see what defensive help is out there because that would be a hell of a lot more valuable than adding an old fart who's on his last legs.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 20, 2008, 11:36:48 PM
The Flyers now have more points than all of last season already

Here's a trade rumor already:

Sundin for Carter + 1st round pick if they don't sign Forsberg  :-\
thats a rumor and a half from a hack writer.  Its nothing, but i'd think about it for Jokienien. 

Rome

Great game yesterday.  Total dominance and their power play is just absurd right now.

Cote gave McGrattan an ass-kicking too.  That was great.

Also - Carter & a #1 for Mats Sundin?  Ummm... no.

rjs246

I can't imagine why this team would even consider a trade like that. The whole point of the offseason overhaul was to get younger and faster. Sundin is older than god and slow as shtein. There's no chance in hell that trade happens.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

It has to be bullshtein because they couldn't even fit him in under the cap, right?