07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

thats not how it was back in the day...you took care of people who committed on ice crimes...you didnt go hurt someone because of what they said off the ice...especially something as innocuous as what blake said...no one would have even cared...rick tocchet once said in the papers about the capitals during a playoff series and i quote 'theres like six or seven guys on that team id like to kill" and that was brushed off...so what blake said wouldnt even have registered....clarke is clearly being thin skinned because downie is his pet project

truth be told i dont even really care...this is all much ado about nothing...everyone knows (even clarke) that downie is a dirty cheap shot player right now...its just that most flyer fans cant admit it due to homerism...maybe one day downie will grow up and change thats entirely possible and i as does the team hope it happens but right now hes pretty much the anti mike richards...and as i said before if he were a ranger you and every other flyer homer would be killing downie...i respect your devotion to your team but really you cant be taken seriously on the issue
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

thanks man, but please dont call me Munson, if thats the case, i'll ask for them to sever an artery tomorrow
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

oh god no

anyway is munson a homer?

i know hes a douche and i suspect not much else

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2008, 10:04:40 AM
oh god no

anyway is munson a homer?

i know hes a douche and i suspect not much else
He's a Lurie Lapper

ha
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

The NHL used to be a game for men.  Evidently now it's a game for Romes who beat off to Cindy Crosby posters.

Yippee.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on January 10, 2008, 02:03:30 PM
The NHL used to be a game for men.  Evidently now it's a game for Romes who beat off to Cindy Crosby posters.

Yippee.

lmfao
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Gagne back tonight.

Flyers down already.

I hate NY.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

farg New York. Nitty with another great effort, he's been playing off his ass. The trick here is to play well their next few games, last time the Flyers played a game like this was when they beat the Penguins, then they went on to lose 6 straight.

Rome

The last two periods of hockey were two of the most dominating periods I've seen the Flyers play in years.  They got some help from the officials and Lundqvist shtein the bed pretty badly on a couple of goals, but still, total domination.

I hate the Rangers and that bitch Jagr almost as much as I hate the Cowboys.

farg New York and farg Brian Leetch too (how many times can they show that fag in one game on MSG?).

Munson

It's that bad karma from having Downie on the team.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

good to see hartnell finally earning some of that money..carter appears as he may be turning the corner...that would be huge...

this team badly needs to make the playoffs so that players like carter and richards can experience them as now future leaders on the team vs clueless rookies....this would be invaluable going into next year when they possibly could make a run for the conference...missing the playoffs this year would be really really bad

Rome

They can make a run for the conference now.  Ottawa isn't that great nor are any of the other teams in the conference.  The Flyers need to get healthy, stop getting players suspended and go on a run.  Once they get into the playoffs anything can happen in the conference.

As for the Cup, just end the season and give it to the Red Wings now.  They're scary farging good.

BigEd76

F the Red Wings.  They do this every year then choke in the playoffs.

Halfway point of the season and the Flyers are on pace to do something no NHL team has done....decrease by 40+ points in the standings one year then increase by 40+ points in the standings the following year.

Rome

You mean like they did in 1997?

Against * us *??

ice grillin you

they have three cups in the last ten years....they are doing something right