07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on January 05, 2008, 07:52:04 PM
holy shtein...hatcher may have just given Lupul brain damage with that hit...he crushed him

In today's NHL, Hatcher will probably get suspended for injuring his own player.

ice grillin you

the gawd once again....

can we all agree finally that richards>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dawkins

riddle me this

mike richards is the best athlete in the city since ___________?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2008, 09:50:37 PM

riddle me this

mike richards is the best athlete in the city since ___________?

Joe Boever?

Nitty with 54 saves. I used to think the NBA refs were the worst but the NHL refs have slowly crept into the lead. They've been downright awful the past few seasons.

SunMo

best in the city since AI

although it's still a toss up between Utely and Richards to me
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

my answer would be iverson?...but thats even a maybe....before that you gotta go with reggie white as a definite

Seabiscuit36

IGY is 10000000% correct about the GAWD...

And Steve Downie is a legend.  He gave that cancer ridden vagina Blake exactly what he deserved for his comments about Downie's hit on Mcammond
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

downie is a POS who almost lost them the game...he needs to take human being lessons from the gawd

with downie you get cheap shots

with the gawd you get taking off your shield before a fight

SunMo

god you sound like a fag...you must have hated hockey in the 70s and 80s

ice grillin you

ive forgotten more about hockey than anyone on this board has ever known...which is why i frown upon cheap shot artists...granted im old but back in the day people like steve downie got dealt with and even players on his own team knew it was the right thing to do...i grew up watching guys that respected the unwritten rules of the sport...rules that are no longer followed by bitch ass players like steve downie...20 years ago he would have gotten beat down by one of his teammates in practice...now a days he lauded as a hero by people like you and sb...sad times indeed

SunMo

ok dad...go back to your drink...then maybe you can remember that your hero Bob Clarke slashed a russian so hard he broke his ankle...but i guess that was part of the "unwritten rules"

the farging bullies were the dirtiest cats around...but nice work dropping "forgotten more hockey"

ice grillin you

actually the broad street bullies were not dirty at all...they just intimidated you to death...fought everyone in sight

trust me the game was different back then...was there a dirty player or two sure but it was players who put their dues in the league for years like dale hunter or ken linesman....not a pissants like steve downie...just wouldnt happen back then....thank your boy gary bettman for a lot of it...but the fact is its not even tha same sport anymore...

come down to brooktree sometime and we can revisit my thousand hrs of fight and game tapes

MDS

the nhl is for canadians and drunken losers. stop.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Downie hit that bitch for his comments about the hit on Dean, Blake said Downie should never play in the NHL, you never say that shtein unless your the guy who got hit, not some american playing for another team in Canada.  farg that cancer bag albino. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAfGjAcq1Co
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

I was watching a bit of the NYR-Ottawa game that followed the Flyers on HNIC, and the one studio host (can't remember the name) said he'd get 10 games for it.

I wouldn't think so, but who knows in Gary Bettman's NHL.

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2008, 10:29:42 PM
i grew up watching guys that respected the unwritten rules of the sport...rules that are no longer followed by bitch ass players like [every bitch ass wide receiver that thinks that they have some sort of god given right to act like a douche, oh wait, we're talking about hockey, there are different rules for being a fan of football.]
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.