07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 15, 2007, 10:11:22 PM
PS: The NFL has ties so shut your filthy whore mouth, Mosy. 

i knew someone would bring that up...ties are so rare, not even comparable to the situation the NHL was in when they had ties
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Sean Avery still needs to die screaming.

SunMo

Munson

Quote from: SunMo on November 15, 2007, 10:14:39 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 15, 2007, 10:11:22 PM
PS: The NFL has ties so shut your filthy whore mouth, Mosy. 

i knew someone would bring that up...ties are so rare, not even comparable to the situation the NHL was in when they had ties

Yeah but the 5 (or 6?) OT game against Pitt in the playoffs a few years ago was pretty awesome.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

that was the playoffs, not the regular season, and it also wasn't a tie

basically it has nothing to do with the conversation

Rome

MDS

lundquist > biron
'
thus

rangers > flyers

it pains me because i want to see everyone in new york burn.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

really good game last night...sad to see it have to end in a cheesy ass shootout...i agree with everyone that they are unbelievably awful...doesnt help that the flyers dont have team that is shootout freindly...jagr wasnt even in the rangers first three...that pretty much showed the main difference in the two teams

its great tho to see the flyers competitive this year against the division rivals...that 0-8 last year to the penguins was really sad...in the end the rangers are simply a lot more talented than the flyers but damn the flyers play hard and never give up...just wish they had another finisher or two

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Gawd is a humble Gawd.

QuoteRichards says he is no all-star

By Tim Panaccio

Inquirer Staff Writer
A look at the NHL All-Star Game ballot reveals no surprises. Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Daniel Alfredsson and Dany Heatley are on it, along with four Flyers, led by Danny Briere.

But no Mike Richards?

"There are more people worthy to be there than me," the Flyers center said yesterday, blushing.

There's little doubt that Richards has been the Flyers' best player this season - and maybe the NHL's best-kept secret. He is 18th in the league in scoring with 21 points.

Because of his reputation as a third-line checking forward - whose role was reversed this season - his name wasn't ballot material in October when the list was compiled. He's not all-star material in the strictest sense.

"If you look at [my] points, they are power-play and shorthanded," Richards said. "The real offensive players score a lot five-on-five. I mean, it's an All-Star Game. I would not consider myself an all-star. I am not a skilled-enough player in the league to start in that game anyway."

Some fans believe otherwise. Two Web sites are pushing for Richards as a write-in for the Jan. 27 game: votemikerichards.com and voteformike08.com.

"Is he running it?" Briere asked, smiling.

Richards wishes the sites were taken down, as he is genuinely embarrassed. "I don't know anything about it; I don't even know how the all-star ballot is picked," he said.

He's that humble.

"He just goes about his game and goes about being ready to play very casually," Flyers captain Jason Smith said. "He's someone who does not like the limelight."

Has the 22-year-old progressed to all-star material?

"To be in his class, the way he is performing, not many guys can do that," Briere said. "If it keeps going, there's no doubt in my mind he will be in the game."

Winger Simon Gagne, goalie Martin Biron, and defenseman Kimmo Timonen join Briere on the official ballot.

"The fact that Mike is not on there right now doesn't mean he is going to be lost or forgotten," Stevens said. "If he continues to play the way he has been playing and does the things he's done to this point, he'll definitely get some consideration."

The truth is, Richards would rather be ice fishing in his native Kenora, Ontario, or basking in the sun in the Caribbean than competing with the Crosbys and Brieres in the game in Atlanta.

"The All-Star Game is a way to showcase talent in the league where you get skill players to do things you wouldn't normally get to see in a normal game," Richards insisted. "And the players that should be there are the ones who can give the fans a show."

O:)

Seabiscuit36

The devils own Biron and the Flyers.  The only good thing to come out of the game was Stevens finally moved Upshall over to Richards line.  And they produced 2 goals. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Flyers are playing in Raleigh tonight, i wonder if FF bumped into any Flyers today like last year
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

Briere with the hat trick in the thrid period...not a natural though, he sucks

SD_Eagle5

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 21, 2007, 07:20:42 PM
Flyers are playing in Raleigh tonight, i wonder if FF bumped into any Flyers today like last year

That would be tricky, since I'm in Bucks County.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 22, 2007, 11:47:43 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 21, 2007, 07:20:42 PM

That would be tricky, since I'm in Bucks County.
back home with the family for the holiday, or did you move back and i missed it?