07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Biron's off to a heck of a start. Flyer D is much improved but he's coming up with some great saves.

Rome

Biron made a spectacular save at the end of the first period.  I know it's early in the season but man this team has looked sharp.  They scored four goals last night and none of them were by KGB line.

ice grillin you

a good start was key and the scheduled played along nicely (10-19 the record of the teams theyve played)

next three games will say a lot more about this team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 17, 2007, 07:49:26 AM
a good start was key and the scheduled played along nicely (10-19 the record of the teams theyve played)

next three games will say a lot more about this team
you have to be excited so far IGY.  Did you buy center ice yet?

I'm just amazed at how well the young guys like Carter and Richards are playing.  They are playing like the players everyone thought they would be last year.  I cant wait to see how they look when Upshall gets healthy. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

They seriously are playing quite well.  But a Stanley Cup would be kind of a like a booby prize to break the Philly sports drought anyway.

ice grillin you

its exciting in terms of seeing a bunch of young and/or new players developing but there nothing in terms of excitement team wise just because they are 4-1...it means less than nothing...i have zero expectations for a stanley cup therefore i could never get truly excited...

that said making the playoffs would set a great foundation for the future and if they were somehow able to win a playoff series that would cause great excitement for the future

and a good start bodes well for the team since in theory they should only get better the more they play together....

however i wont qualify this as a good start unless they can successfully (whatever your definition of successful you put on it) get thru the next three weeks...nj and a really good carolina team at home then an eight game road trip around the eastern conference including three in row at pittsburgh rangers and devils...then you come home right after that and play pitt rangers devils again

brutal yes...but also a great test and a chance to announce yourself as back

yeah i got center ice before the season started
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Atlanta is clearly awful, but still, a shutout is a shutout and last year a team even as awful as Atlanta would have given that Flyers team fits.

They haven't really beaten anyone good yet, that's true, but still, last year's team didn't win its fourth game until November 15th.  I'll take that any day especially considering there isn't much else to cheer for at this point.

SunMo

Thrashers fired Hartley last night after the game
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Mar-tahn wishes Weekes was starting now.  8)

Seabiscuit36

By the way, our Martin just had a great one on one stopper.  So nice to not have a bipolar goalie in the net

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 18, 2007, 08:47:12 PM
By the way, our Martin just had a great one on one stopper.  So nice to not have a bipolar goalie in the net

That was a hell of a save by Biron

SD_Eagle5

Randy Jones looks great so far this season

The penalties against the Flyers this game are atrocious

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen