The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 16, 2012, 12:39:52 PM
the reason it works is because we all hate it...that little pos killing him is infuriating....but its better than having some cheesy showdown on a dark street btwn omar and marlo...its why the wire is so much better than everything else

I didn't hate it, thought it was quite fitting, that was pretty much the only way anyone was gonna' get him, the unexpected.

SD

Quote from: SunMo on July 16, 2012, 12:51:59 PM
i get that having a final showdown would be against everything the wire is.

but to have some random kid come in and pop him just is bullshtein.  have it him get popped by some dude who gets lucky during one of his robberies, or don't finish his story at all and we can all assume that he's still robbing dealers.

Always thought a cool final scene would have been Omar walking down an alley whistling farmer in the del

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on July 16, 2012, 06:56:34 PM
Quote from: SunMo on July 16, 2012, 12:51:59 PM
i get that having a final showdown would be against everything the wire is.

but to have some random kid come in and pop him just is bullshtein.  have it him get popped by some dude who gets lucky during one of his robberies, or don't finish his story at all and we can all assume that he's still robbing dealers.

Always thought a cool final scene would have been Omar walking down an alley whistling farmer in the del

that would have been amazingly cheesy and not something simon would have ever done
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Is that Omar's voice in the new McDonalds breakfast radio commercials? Sounds just like him.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Since there was no whistling, I'm going to go ahead and assume it was Michael K. Williams, then.

Sgt PSN

The Wire.....WITH LEGOS!!

Since I haven't watched The Wire, I don't know if this is funny or not.  But for those of you who have, which is pretty much everyone except me, I'm going to decide on whether or not to finally watch it based on your reactions to the video.  If it's funny, then I'll watch The Wire so that I can revisit this video and finally get it. 

hbionic

I too have never watched. Only one clip of a guy saying, "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit"
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

turned it off after 30 seconds.  stupid and awful.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Just started watching on HBO GO and am thru only 4 episodes. Maybe it took a little while to get going because while it's been ok, this last episode was the 1st one where I was like "ok... I GOTTA see the next one!".
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

phattymatty

thats how it was for me too...almost stopped watching after the first few but they take a little while to introduce the characters. once you hit that 4-5 episode mark it's on.

Zanshin

I'm not evangelical about it, but it's a different kind of show and the pace takes some adjustment. But it's worthwhile TV, for sure.

phattymatty

i actually like it less because of this thread.

Zanshin

Oh, certainly. I avoided it for years because of this thread.

SD

Pretty sure we all did