Brent Celek, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SunMo, April 29, 2007, 02:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

how many chances has he had.. and how many reps did he get this year with the first team and be able to get in sync?

Im not going to go the "above average" route like the true stalker stalker is by digging up posts, but he he will be very serviceable in this offense as long as his blocking improves...which in time should

not to mention he is an above mediocre catcher in Reids mind regardless, so he is a shoe-in to start next year

Seabiscuit36

I still think Ben Patrick was the truth
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i still would rather have ben patrick than brent celek any day because of the upside and if you cant see how stallworth would be better in this offense than curtis then you didnt watch the eagles the year stallworth was here

he opened up so much for them...he did what pimp is starting to do and will be in the future

but by all means keep doing igy search engines....its cute and make my penis feel warm and comforted
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

As he is now, Celek is at least as good as LJ ever was.  That's not quite good enough.  With hopes that he improves still alive, I nevertheless want the team to draft a formidable TE.  They need a guy who elevates the TE play immediately.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

stalker

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2009, 12:23:58 PM
i still would rather have ben patrick than brent celek any day because of the upside and if you cant see how stallworth would be better in this offense than curtis then you didnt watch the eagles the year stallworth was here

he opened up so much for them...he did what pimp is starting to do and will be in the future

What about the other 10-11 games a year he doesn't dress for?

but by all means keep doing igy search engines....its cute and make my penis feel warm and comforted

One of the funniest things I've ever read!
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

SD_Eagle5

Celek is Chad Lewis, he'll never be that stretch the field TE but is good at finding space underneath for those 5-9 yard gains. That instantly makes him better than LJ.

ice grillin you

Quote from: stalker on January 06, 2009, 12:31:31 PM

What about the other 10-11 games a year he doesn't dress for?

well if you wanna do more search engines youll see where i said the injury aspect is def a chance you take but i would rather have the much better player and take a chance on injury

btw since the curtis signing hes missed more games than donte

reese125

real quick: whats the upside of having Ben Patrick any day of the week over Celek?

stalker

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2009, 01:52:31 PM
Quote from: stalker on January 06, 2009, 12:31:31 PM

btw since the curtis signing hes missed more games than donte

ice grillin you

he has more talent in his pinky than celek has in his life...celek is what he is...a solid back up te...theres no guarantee patrick wont be out of the league in three years while celek does what he does for the next ten...but there are 25 brent celeks in the draft on any given year...where as the upside of patrick doesnt come along every day and id rather take my chance on that

its not like youre trying to hit a once in a decade long shot and find someone better than westbrook...youre looking to improve over brent farging celek for god sakes

Quote from: stalker on January 06, 2009, 02:00:54 PM1

so then why did you bring up injuries?

stalker

Quote from: reese125 on January 06, 2009, 02:00:07 PM
real quick: whats the upside of having Ben Patrick any day of the week over Celek?

He did have 11 receptions in an offense with more pass attempts than the Eagles.

Seabiscuit36

why get Celek in the 5th when by all accounts he was going to go in the 7th if at all?  Dont get me wrong, i like Celek a lot, but i still dont know why they reached for Celek that early
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

stalker

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2009, 02:06:45 PM

Quote from: stalker on January 06, 2009, 02:00:54 PM1

so then why did you bring up injuries?

I really believe that stat is a little mis-leading. I seem to remember Stallworth being active for several games when he played very little because of the persistent hamstring problems. Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I really do remember that.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: stalker on January 06, 2009, 02:09:49 PM

He did have 11 receptions in an offense with more pass attempts than the Eagles.
They have a ridiculous amount of good TE's

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 06, 2009, 02:13:29 PM
Quote from: stalker on January 06, 2009, 02:09:49 PM

They have a ridiculous amount of good TE's

which is funny cause they dont use a TE most downs...i dont know the numbers but i wouldnt be surprised if celek had more catches than any te on their roster...shtein steve breaston had more catches than any eagle wr and hes their number 3