2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

So, the Flyers are going on the "lose the games, but win the fights" mentality?

I guess that's a step up from last year.

I'll be surprised - not shocked, but surprised - if they actually make the playoffs.

SunMo

Jason Smith was named Captian today with Gagne and Gawd getting the 'A'
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on October 01, 2007, 12:24:21 PM
Jason Smith was named Captian today with Gagne and Gawd getting the 'A'

Who the farg is Jason Smith?  What the farg?

Why not Brieiereireirre?

ice grillin you

unless gagne didnt want it then thats a huge slap in his face...jason smith is not a philadelphia flyer....
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 01, 2007, 01:55:34 PM
unless gagne didnt want it then thats a huge slap in his face...jason smith is not a philadelphia flyer....

Gagne NEVER wanted to be captain. Ever.

ANd get your Hoyda ass into the Phillies thread and admit you were wrong.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 01, 2007, 02:56:38 PM

Guess you missed this: Gagne ready to take on Captain.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 01, 2007, 02:25:26 PM
Gagne is a cheese-eater
Jason Smith was a hell of a captain to Edmonton.  I'm fine with the pick. 

What type of cheese is that.....AMERICAN...
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

define ever?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 01, 2007, 03:30:51 PM

Guess you missed this: Gagne ready to take on Captain.

Guess I did. He's not the "leader" type though. I have no problem with them offering Smith the C.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 02, 2007, 07:49:02 AM
Gauthier placed on waivers
Sucks for Goat, but its really the best thing for the team.  Rathje is done, Long Term Injured list, so i'm hoping thats the end of him.  Putting ratcheese on the injured list and Gauthier on waivers means that they keep Dowd and Jesse, plus have enough money to get Forsberg if he wants to come back
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

If Gagne's upset he's not expressing it publicly:

Quote"Jason has been one of the best leaders in the game," Gagne said. "He was the right choice and is the full package. He has everything in him to be a good captain."

ice grillin you

smith is a fine captain...he just shouldnt be the flyers captain....should be richards or gagne....hell id give it to hatcher before smith...really the captaincy in hockey is mad overrated...but it should always go to someone who represents the franchise perfectly and some 34 year old rent a player doesnt do that imo

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 02, 2007, 10:26:09 AM
smith is a fine captain...he just shouldnt be the flyers captain....should be richards or gagne....hell id give it to hatcher before smith...really the captaincy in hockey is mad overrated...but it should always go to someone who represents the franchise perfectly and some 34 year old rent a player doesnt do that imo
Hatcher didnt do too well the last time around IGY.  Smith is the 2 year captain.  If you notice the made teh GAWD an "A", thats more or less setting him up as the next "C"