2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcnabbmvp

first game against the Sens is

Sat. Nov 24th @ Ottawa 7:00 p.m. CW-57
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2007, 12:11:56 PMits really a downie vs ottawa thing rather than a flyer vs ottawa thing

since there's no history or bad blood between these teams or anything

ice grillin you

makes sense since the flyers have exactly two players left from that team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Lupul out at least 2 weeks

Upshall out 6-8 weeks

Broken wrist last night for each

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

ha...classic OnA references are always funny

SunMo

Jason Blake with an all time overreaction:

QuoteI've got one thought... the kid should not be [allowed] to ever play in the league again. There's no place in hockey for that. Our game is supposed to be fun, exciting, fast... and safe in the same breath. To watch that last night, it's just unacceptable. Guys like [Downie] should either be suspended or kicked out of the league. To leave your point-man and run a guy all the way from the blueline... I mean, one day, a player is not going to get up. So, something needs to be done about hits of that nature."

When asked about Downie's claim that he has to play like that in order to crack the Flyers' roster, Blake replied: "Has to play like what? That's just a dumb comment from a kid that's not going to make the Philadelphia Flyers. I mean, I watched the play over and over, and to see him hit Dean McAmmond with his head down, going full bore, and leaving his feet... [McAmmond] could have died last night. There's absolutely no place in hockey for that and, if you ask me, [Downie] shouldn't even be allowed to play hockey in the NHL again.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on September 26, 2007, 03:52:48 PM
Jason Blake with an all time overreaction:

QuoteI've got one thought... the kid should not be [allowed] to ever play in the league again. There's no place in hockey for that. Our game is supposed to be fun, exciting, fast... and safe in the same breath. To watch that last night, it's just unacceptable. Guys like [Downie] should either be suspended or kicked out of the league. To leave your point-man and run a guy all the way from the blueline... I mean, one day, a player is not going to get up. So, something needs to be done about hits of that nature."

When asked about Downie's claim that he has to play like that in order to crack the Flyers' roster, Blake replied: "Has to play like what? That's just a dumb comment from a kid that's not going to make the Philadelphia Flyers. I mean, I watched the play over and over, and to see him hit Dean McAmmond with his head down, going full bore, and leaving his feet... [McAmmond] could have died last night. There's absolutely no place in hockey for that and, if you ask me, [Downie] shouldn't even be allowed to play hockey in the NHL again.
someone needs to perform an abortion on that albino fetus
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

not much different than you homers under reacting

it was a super cheap vicious hit...should he suspended for life of course farging not...but hes gotta sit for 8-15 games

SunMo

8-15...stop

christ, you're turning into a woman

ice grillin you

it was premeditated...dirty...cheap and dangerous and the guy has a history

id be shocked if he didnt get around 10 games

i dont care that much cause hes a flyer but if the situation was reversed id be fuming right now and probably talking like blake

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

I can smell IGY's tampon all the way up 95

Its a 2 game max, he didnt charge the stills show he was still on the ice with the inital contact.  He caught someone with their head down after Schubert cross checked Downie from behind into the boards.  He got up and wrecked the first thing he saw.  I love steve downie, and if the jerseys werent so ghey i'd have one by friday

ice grillin you

im actually stunned at how much of a flyer homer youre...never knew you had it in you...you easily equal and one day may surpass any eagle homer...should be a fun year