2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

With the Trenton Devils now exclusive to NJ, the Flyers will share the Wheeling Nailers with the Penguins for an ECHL affiliate

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD_Eagle5

There's been some talk lately about a possible Forsberg return to Philly. Sportsrise said Holmgren talked to him about a possible return.

Seabiscuit36

Gotta love that he has legitimate interest to come back, and not for the money, but to possibly get a cup. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

I wouldn't mind having him back at a 1 year deal. where do you put him? Briere was signed for big money so I can't see them throwing him on the second line. On the flipside, Forsberg worked really well and already has familiarity with Gagne and Knuble.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2007, 10:06:57 AM
I wouldn't mind having him back at a 1 year deal. where do you put him? Briere was signed for big money so I can't see them throwing him on the second line. On the flipside, Forsberg worked really well and already has familiarity with Gagne and Knuble.
Its a tough call, i'm not sure if Knuble fits with the speedy 2 of Gagne and Briere.  The good thing is Forsberg can play wing or center, and could play on any of the top 3 lines no question.  Really i would almost let him and the players decide where he fits best.  Carter should be the 2nd line winger, Forsberg could really get some space for Carter to do his magic. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

If you moved Carter to LW on the second line where do you put Hartnell?

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2007, 10:34:16 AM
If you moved Carter to LW on the second line where do you put Hartnell?
I'd have Carter playing center, i think he's a better fit there than winger based off his past play.  Hartnell can play either wing side, he used to be a center.  Knuble is a natural RW.  Its a tough call, the other thing you have to keep in mind, Forsberg if he comes back wont be playing till january, maybe later depending if he's ready.  I want to see what Knuble looks like with two speedsters, then go from there

SD_Eagle5

Is that official that Forsberg won't play till January? This morning they made it sound like he was weighing his options of playing here or in Sweden but there was no mention of him coming back midseason.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2007, 10:50:13 AM
Is that official that Forsberg won't play till January? This morning they made it sound like he was weighing his options of playing here or in Sweden but there was no mention of him coming back midseason.
I havent heard that officially, but thats what has been mentioned over and over since the end of the season, and Forsberg having surgery again a month or so ago.  All i know is this team would be a contender with a healthy Forsberg.

ice grillin you

i always felt like forsberg would return here...he always seemed to be genuinely upset that he wasnt able to deliver a cup to philly...and with the injuries at times he actually sounded guilty about what happened
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I'm glad he won't be looked as at a Captain/Leader if he does return, on the ice he fits that mold but his personality really isn't Captain material.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 28, 2007, 11:39:52 AM
I'm glad he won't be looked as at a Captain/Leader if he does return, on the ice he fits that mold but his personality really isn't Captain material.
He definitely isn't, I thought the same thing that IGY said, he was really apologetic to the fans and org about his injuries and didnt want to leave with that hanging over him. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 28, 2007, 11:34:29 AM
i always felt like forsberg would return here...he always seemed to be genuinely upset that he wasnt able to deliver a cup to philly...and with the injuries at times he actually sounded guilty about what happened

When I met up with him, Gagne, and Knuble last December out front of Ruth's Chris in Cary, NC, Forsberg said that he wanted to bring a Cup to Philly so bad that it made it burn when he peed.

Seabiscuit36

what was the It burns when i pee filter for...that is incredibly accurate