2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

I like his name because it reminds me of Peter SAAAAAARRRRRRRSGAAAAAAAAAARD.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 05, 2007, 11:34:54 AM
I like his name because it reminds me of Peter SAAAAAARRRRRRRSGAAAAAAAAAARD.
:-D
Boogard would be my #1 choice without flinching.  He crushed Fridges face in.  Is like 6'7" and has an awsome name, how could you want Simon over him.

Simon though can actually play hockey, not just enforce.  Simon should be cheap since the incident last season, and Boogard is a RFA for the Wild.  The Flyers can only offer up to 745k for Boogard before they would have to compensate the Wild. 

Also since no one said anything yet, Forsberg was in Montreal yesterday for Gagne's Golf Tourney.  He was asked if he was there to speak with Bob Gainey the GM of the Habs.  Forsberg stated no, but he would like to return to the Flyers
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 05, 2007, 12:29:35 PM
Boogard would be my #1 choice without flinching.  He crushed Fridges face in.  Is like 6'7" and has an awsome name, how could you want Simon over him.

Simon though can actually play hockey, not just enforce. 

You answered your own question.

I'd take Forsberg back at an extremely low salary.

Seabiscuit36

I'd be happy if they got Simon, i actually liked the  hit to Hollowfag in the face.  I'm just curious what Simon would want or look for monetarily?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

http://nhlnumbers.com/phi.html

Page above shows exactly where the Flyers sit in terms of the salary cap.  They have a little wiggle room left but not much ($2.076M).

ice grillin you

if you want an enforcer theres no better person than boogard...hes the best fighter in the league bar none...second would be godard who is the only guy ive seen beat boogard and hes beat him twice..godard just doesnt have the intimidation factor of boogard who straight knocks people out in like half his fights...

simon is over the hill as a fighter...he doesnt have his heart in it anymore

fedoruk and enforcer should not be mentioned in the same sentence...unless you are talking about the plates that re-enforce his face
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

there's a rumor going around that the Flyers are interested in Teemu Selanne.  it's been corroborated by a couple people on different boards that seem to know what they are talking about.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

nobody on any message boards know what they are talking about

Rome

The blogger (Eklund) and Panaccio have a $500 dinner bet on this now.

That thread's a trip.

SunMo

i'll trust just about anybody over Pannachio...he once again sites the salary cap, when the cap is a non factor until the season starts, he is clueless #1

ice grillin you

anyone in the world>>> any message board poster

SunMo

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on July 06, 2007, 10:19:04 PM
The blogger (Eklund) and Panaccio have a $500 dinner bet on this now.

That thread's a trip.

HB is to hockey sites what PFT is to football. Eklund hits every once in a while. I'd rather see the Flyers get another puck moving defensman but you wouldn't see me bitch if this turns out to be true.

SunMo

i'm not only going on Eklund's report, because he's pretty bad, except for Flyers stuff.

but there is a guy on a Ducks board that has some credibility that says this has legs