2007 Flyers Offseason Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, April 10, 2007, 06:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on July 03, 2007, 12:19:58 PM
Again, why would they give him the boot if they thought he could develop into that sort of player?

just became a flyers fan huh?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on July 03, 2007, 12:24:57 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on July 03, 2007, 12:19:58 PM
Again, why would they give him the boot if they thought he could develop into that sort of player?

just became a flyers fan huh?

Post of the week nominee^

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're right, though.  The Flyers have never traded away young talent for older, proven guys.

Rome

Where did I say they NEVER trade away young players?  I  asked why the Flyers would give up on someone they thought had the potential to become a star.

And don't give me Forsberg either.  They got Lindros in that deal and anyone in their right mind would have done the same thing at the time.

rjs246

By the way, Briere is guaranteed to be a bust.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on July 03, 2007, 01:07:56 PM
I'm pretty sure he blows his groin out again by mid november
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 03, 2007, 11:45:00 AM
In other news, does anyone doubt that Briere's going to be a massive underachiever and/or have consistent injury problems?  I'd put money on it if there were a good way to do so.

Quote from: rjs246 on July 03, 2007, 01:07:56 PM

Wowee wow!  You'd think we had a lively online discussion about this recently!

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Phanatic

Yeah Briere's undersized and a product of the system he played in possibly.

But hey! He's got 8 more years on his contract!

On the "why would the Flyers trade Pitkanen" nonsense...

Because they might actually be wrong?

You know. Not the Whalers trading Pronger after his 2nd year wrong but you get the drift. Teams are wrong all the time. Especially those teams that drink the water in Philly.

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think all Blues fans should jump off the top of the Gateway Arch.

Phanatic

That's fine with me...

Just because I live here doesn't mean I switched loyalties...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PhillyPhreak54

FWIW,

Morganti and Moran were on DNL yesterday and they pretty much said Joni needed a change of scenery because he just wasn't putting it all together here. Moran said he'll be one of those guys in a few years, if he gets it right, where people will say "why the hell did they trade him?" but was in agreement that it was time to move him.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Phanatic on July 03, 2007, 04:05:59 PM
That's fine with me...

Just because I live here doesn't mean I switched loyalties...

Your buddy Demon would be dead, though.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 03, 2007, 04:24:04 PM
FWIW,

Morganti and Moran were on DNL yesterday and they pretty much said Joni needed a change of scenery because he just wasn't putting it all together here. Moran said he'll be one of those guys in a few years, if he gets it right, where people will say "why the hell did they trade him?" but was in agreement that it was time to move him.

That's a decent amount of blurb containing zero revealing information whatsoever.