2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

The Phillies were 11-14 in April (and had to go 7-3 in their last 10 games of the month just to get there).  If this team just learned how to play .500 ball to start the season they'd hold a 2 game lead right now.  But games in April don't count. 

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 28, 2007, 09:01:06 AM
Kendrick is the first rookie pitcher to win 10 games for the Phils since 1991.

OMGPATCOMBZZZZZZZZZZ!

BigEd76

The Phillies also tied the MLB record for the latest point in a season to tie or take first place for the first time in the season (159 games, 2006 Twins)

and Smoltz can shut the F up.  He's just bitter because he hasn't beaten the Phillies in over 2 years.  The Phils are almost evenly split in terms of run scoring for home and road, and he forgets that our pitchers have to deal with the same conditions he does.  Whiner.  Enjoy the extra golf...

ice grillin you

ok now im gonna beg

PLEASE stop saying our and we...it taints the whole fanbase (of which im a part of) when even one fan goes in that direction
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

its like tuning out wheels...impossible...except when i use my mute button on the computer...which i do about 80% of the games that they have phils announcers

MDS

havas' little anti-phillies rants over the course of the season are boiling back in his burgundy and gold face. he ain't too happy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

actually they served me beautifully...not once was i fuming mad or disappointed over a loss...not one time...wheras last year i was besides myself right about now

even now if they dont make it its no biggie to me...the three met sweeps along with the met collapse has been like having 5 world series to me...im playing with house money and just enjoying the ride now...doesnt matter what happens

Wingspan

Relax, no need to panic, there are still 3 games left  ::)

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 28, 2007, 12:39:39 PM
even now if they dont make it its no biggie to me...

Either you're completely full of shtein or you simply enjoy contradicting yourself in here to get everyone's fur flying.

Either way, please stop with the false bullshtein.  You care.  You care a lot.  So stop stop it, already.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 28, 2007, 12:39:39 PM
actually they served me beautifully...not once was i fuming mad or disappointed over a loss...not one time...wheras last year i was besides myself right about now

even now if they dont make it its no biggie to me...the three met sweeps along with the met collapse has been like having 5 world series to me...im playing with house money and just enjoying the ride now...doesnt matter what happens

That's true passion right there, son.  :yay
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

I was going over some of the predictions on Page 1 of this thread and some of them were dead-on.

The spookiest was Wingspan's comment that only two starters will remain from the opening day rotation.   :-D

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 28, 2007, 01:08:51 PM
I was going over some of the predictions on Page 1 of this thread and some of them were dead-on.

The spookiest was Wingspan's comment that only two starters will remain from the opening day rotation.   :-D

However, in me making that comment, I was thinking that the 2 that are left would have been the first two down and out.
Connection Problems

Rome

Hahaha - Kevin Kernan's latest blog entry is hilarious:

QuoteSeptember 28, 2007
MEMO TO ME:

Memo to me: Was I ever wrong about the NL East and the Mets and the Phighting Phils.

In August I wrapped up the NL East in a nice little package for the Mets and said the race was unofficially over. I wrote these words:

Memo to Jimmy Rollins: The Best Team Won.

Here we are three days to go in the regular season and the race is just beginning.

The Phillies have overcome numerous injuries and no matter what happens these final three days, they have shown the hearts of champions and for that they should be congratulated.

The Mets have collapsed – perhaps the greaTest collapse in baseball history considering the teams that they've lost to down the stretch, and if you are going to be wrong, I can live with the fact that it took a colossal collapse to be wrong – while the Phillies have shown incredible heart and fortitude, led by Jimmy Rollins.

It was Rollins who said the Phils were the team to beat in the NL East over the winter. He was right. I was wrong. I've always loved Rollins approach to the game – he is Philadelphia's Derek Jeter – and he is putting up MVP numbers.

To me, Rollins is the NL MVP. His defense is remarkable and his hitting is Captain Clutch. And his words fired up his teammates. He led by example in so many ways.

The Phillies have once again shown why baseball is the greatest game. It's not over til it's over. Once again that lesson was driven home – to me and everyone else in New York and especially to those in the Mets clubhouse.

Over the winter, it turns out, the Phillies were the team to beat in the NL East.

And with three days left in the season, they are still the team to beat in the NL East. Rollins was right. I was wrong. The Phillies are what being a winning team is all about.

Posted by Kevin Kernan on September 28, 2007 10:50 AM

After all the shtein he wrote back in August he's going to come back and write that load of bullshtein?

Please.   :-D

MDS

This dude's email box was full of hate mail from Philly fans. farg him and his choking dog team.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.