2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

If the Phils don't blow this scoring opportunity then I guess I don't have a problem with resting Myers.  But if it remains less than a 3 run lead then I think you gotta stick with him.

Geowhizzer

Part of the problem is how long this inning is lasting.  Have to wonder about whether Myers has been sitting too long, especially with already having had arm troubles this season.

That said, he's supposed to be the closer, and this is a must-win.  Must go with your best.

Clay F'n Condrey?  :-D

EDIT:  Ruiz is "batting" for Myers now.  Clay F'n Condrey it is...  :paranoid

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

This has been a painfully long inning.  Ruiz came through and hit a single with the bases loaded and plate another but a Phillies baserunner gets thrown out at the plate for the 2nd time in the inning.  Awesome.  

Geowhizzer

Smith coaches the Phils to the end of the inning.  With Rollins coming up, I'd keep slow-footed Helms at third.

If Victorino was able to run (assuming that running Helms for the Flyin' Hawaiian is because of the injury, and not because Cholly started on the PBR early tonight), he'd have scored, though...

Sgt PSN

I don't know if Smith sent Bourne on the grounder to 3rd or not but with 2nd base empty, that was a pretty dumb decision regardless of who made it. 

And how the hell is Clay Condrey 5-0? 

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 22, 2007, 11:07:34 PM
3-0, Col right now. 

3-2, bases loaded for the Padres and Brian Giles up.

You knew Mark Redman wasn't holding a 3-0 lead.

UPDATE:  Giles pops out to end the inning.  3-2 Rockies

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I heard some stat on Condrey the other night where he's got like a sub-1 era when pitching in games with a lead that's 3 R or less. He only shteins the bed when coming in with a huge lead or when they're getting beaten down.

Anyways, good win again. I thought for sure Washington would kill them. They do every year. Now they'll just wait for Bobby Cox and his boys to come to town to shtein all over themselves.

Geowhizzer

Mike Cameron just dropped the third out to let two more runs score in the 8th.

Rockies up 6-2.

MDS

farg me I made over $150 tonight AND the Phils moved to within .5 (if Colorado doesnt blow it) of the wild card. Something's gotta give....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.