2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Anderson ended up biting the Mets in the rear end after all.

I haven't seen that in years, and now I've seen the interference at 2nd base for a double play twice in a week.  Diaz has balls to make that call to end the game, too.  Good call, and an unnecessary move by Anderson.  Green would have easily been safe at first.

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 29, 2007, 10:02:34 PM
MY fargING COMPUTER FROZE!  WHAT HAPPENED?

Anderson got called for interference on a double play attempt by the Phillies.  Slid inside of second base, and used his arms to push Iguchi as he threw.  Lance Diaz made the call to end the game.

Anderson didn't need to do it - Green would have been safe at first, and the tying run would have scored.  Instead, Myers gets a gift save.

NGM

Quote from: SunMo on August 29, 2007, 10:03:53 PM
hahaha, Sarge went straight homer there

I think this play was a little more obvious than the Giles call though.  Marlon hit Iguchi with a forearm shiver for chrissakes.  What a dumb ass.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: NGM on August 29, 2007, 10:06:04 PM
Quote from: SunMo on August 29, 2007, 10:03:53 PM
hahaha, Sarge went straight homer there

I think this play was a little more obvious than the Giles call though.  Marlon hit Iguchi with a forearm shiver for chrissakes.  What a dumb ass.

No way.  Ruiz went for the cut block on Giles and didn't even try to really slide.  Both calls were absolutely correct.

NGM

I absolutely think the Giles call was correct, but when the Ump is standing right there and the runner goes inside and throws his arms into the 2nd baseman, way easier call for the Ump to make. 

PhillyGirl

Willie Randolph is trying to say that Anderson's slide was legal and there was nothing obstructive about it.

::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 29, 2007, 10:28:16 PM
Willie Randolph is trying to say that Anderson's slide was legal and there was nothing obstructive about it.

::)

missed the ninth inning as I had to get don jr. to football practice.  just saw the replay on ESPN News.  My god, Anderson looked like the headhunter on the kickoff team.  Watching Willie Randolph cry as the Phils are all highfiving each other right next to him was classic.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Sorry, Willie.  Even your own announcers were saying it was interference.

MDS

I swear to god this is all a cocktease but I can't help but think maybe they'll do it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on August 29, 2007, 11:53:27 PM
I swear to god this is all a cocktease but I can't help but think maybe they'll do it.

of course it is.  phils win tomorrow, i will really start thinking it can happen.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Quote from: Don Ho on August 29, 2007, 10:37:40 PMWatching Willie Randolph cry as the Phils are all highfiving each other right next to him was classic.

Cowboy Joe:
Quote"Marlon Anderson went after the second baseman to break up the double play and did not, and could not reach the base, which is what he argued. He went out of his way to interfere with the play that created the interference. CB [Bucknor] made a great call, made a gutsy call and he didn't back down from the call at all."

Randolph and Anderson think that as long as you touch some part of the base when sliding, you can maul a guy...

MDS

Now to lose the next 4 and make this a waste of time....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mcnabbmvp

maybe marlon gets an emmy for his performance. i was actually waitin for wright to come out and give his two cents worth or lo duca.
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES