2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

can defense win you games?
how important is it being in a conference?

what a terrific line of questioning.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on August 24, 2007, 08:27:36 PM
the rule is silly. that run wouldve scored regardless of the ruiz's slide. anyway, al golden is in the booth and wheels just asked him how important recruiting is.

Worse, I think the runner was safe at first regardless of Ruiz.  Ruiz cost the Phils a run and an out.

That was a chickencrap play by Ruiz.  He'd better pray that there isn't a close play at home the balance of the series.

ice grillin you

"boy it sure seems there are a lot of good teams in that MAC there"

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Current pitching staff:

Very Good
Myers

Serviceable
Romero
Lohse
Castro

Utter Crap
Durbin
Moyer
Mesa
Alfonseca
Gordon
Geary
Sanches
Condrey

Needs to come back now
Hamels
Madson

Stay Hurt
Eaton
Garcia

Hell, even Matheison might help.

Rome

Another game, another lead, another loss.  Unreal.

I hope they lose the remainder of the games on the homestand.  Quit screwing around with us like you do every year and put us out of our misery early this time.  I can't take another September of hoping for a miracle from these clowns.

Just end the season now you choking losers.

Quasimoto

Geowhizzer

I was able to put away any shred of hope when I heard that Hamel's elbow was hurting.  Without him for any length of time puts the Phils in a very bad way.

If they don't stay near the top of the WC by Hamel's prospective return date, the Phils may be best served to shelve him for the remainder of the season.

Geowhizzer

Quasimoto

ice grillin you

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 25, 2007, 08:38:19 AM
I hope they lose the remainder of the games on the homestand.  Quit screwing around with us like you do every year and put us out of our misery early this time.  I can't take another September of hoping for a miracle from these clowns.

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 25, 2007, 08:46:06 AM
I was able to put away any shred of hope when I heard that Hamel's elbow was hurting.  Without him for any length of time puts the Phils in a very bad way.

this is what i have been referring to all season about not letting them do it to you...i know exactly where yous are right now...its where i was the last three seasons and its sickeningly maddening...i feel free

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 25, 2007, 09:17:56 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 25, 2007, 08:38:19 AM

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 25, 2007, 08:46:06 AM

this is what i have been referring to all season about not letting them do it to you...i know exactly where yous are right now...its where i was the last three seasons and its sickeningly maddening...i feel free

Oh, I was not thinking they would actually do it, but was trying to enjoy being in the chase.   Without Hamels, the Phils have about as much chance of getting in as the Nationals.  Hard to even force yourself to think they have a chance when their best healthy pitcher is Kyle Kendrick and/or Kyle Lohse.