2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Here's the save rule:

QuoteRule 10.20 Credit a pitcher with a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:

(1) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and
(2) He is not the winning pitcher; and

(3) He qualifies under one of the following conditions:

(a) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
(b) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batsmen he faces); or

(c) He pitches effectively for at least three innings.

No more than one save may be credited in each game.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2007, 01:47:24 PM
if i was much smarter than everyone else i wouldnt have done to myself for three years what youre still doing...im just trying to lead you to the light...believe me its a much better place to be....

you can only be hurt so many times

Everyone sees the light.  You can shut the farg up about it now.

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 08, 2007, 04:12:48 PM
not even close

Drop some names. Name someone who has posted in the last ten pages of this thread that think the Sillies will make it to the postseason.

Preaching to the choir.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 08, 2007, 01:56:10 PM

That's the part of the rule I didn't know at all.  But, still, who defines "effectively"?  What if Durbin allowed 9 runs but the team still won?

Wingspan

I think "effectively" would just mean to not give up the lead.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 08, 2007, 04:55:50 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 08, 2007, 01:56:10 PM

That's the part of the rule I didn't know at all.  But, still, who defines "effectively"?  What if Durbin allowed 9 runs but the team still won?

By and large, if they hold the lead during the three innings, they get the save.  Ultimately, I believe it is at the discretion of the official scorer.

Wingspan

Here's the shocking story of the season... Utley and Bourn could be out longer than the Phillies first projected.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

Bourn is useless once they get Victorino back. In fact, Werth is just about productive as him. So who needs Bourn. But Utley, yea, boss needs to get back soon.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

shut up about bourn, you're clueless

the fact that you would even think Werth is as productive shows how clueless you are

ice grillin you

Name someone who has posted in the last ten pages of this thread that think the Sillies will make it to the postseason.

i dont know how many think they will...but i would venture to say every single person on this board outside of myself thinks they can...and that makes me sad...thats where i have been in the past and it pains me to see people i care about putting themselves thru something so painful
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous